Home

Potential Buyer

This is a discussion on Potential Buyer within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Banned

jesse_8711's Arena

OVR: 5
Potential Buyer

i was thinking about buyin nfl head coach but i want to know does the gameplay play any better than madden 10 in regards to DT's, OL, and OLB's actually making a difference in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Potential Buyer

LBs definitely make a difference and there is a big difference between an elite LB/OL/DL and an average one.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Alot of people has struggled with the run game b/c LBs will get into the backfield and blow up running plays alot of times... You prettty much need elite o-lineman and a great back to really run the ball well... DEs are beast when they are elite, especially guys like mario williams and jared allen they can cause havoc on weak o-lineman all day... DTs are not that much of a impact but you still have to worry about them with runs up the middle they can and will clog it up forcing you outside where the LBs will make big plays... Graphics aren't amazing but the gameplay is fun, especially the offseason process...

If u are a football nut then this is the game for you, hell i bought the 20th anniversey game mainly for this game and i have been hooked on it ever since... But this is just my opinion, u can always read some of the dynasty forums to get a feel for the game...
Old 10-18-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you have the time to devote to this game then I would say buy it for sure.
As for your position concerns it all really depends on your playbook and how you plan on using your players. For instance if you run a 3-4 blitz team then your OLBs will be very involved and you will see the difference between and elite OLB and an above avg one. However if you run more of a 4-3 cover 2 zone the impact isnt nearly as dramatic.
As far as DTs go it depends on what you want out of them. I play as the Bears and Tommie Harris is an absolute beast. In my current franchise he has 23 tkls 14 for a loss and 4 sacks in just 5 games. That may not seem like a whole lot, but i run a pretty vanilla cover 2 and my dline is the only thing getting me pressure. One of my favorite things about this game is the subtle differences between elite players and extremely good players.
I hate to repeat myself but your oline is in the same boat as the other positions.
As far as the running game being hard goes you just have to be commited and understand what type of runner you have and how running n football truly works. Adrian Peterson, for example, doesn't run for 5 yards on every carry. Some carries are negative, some are for a small gain, and some go for large gains.
The advice I would give you is if and when you pick up this game go visit the slider forum, then check out a few games in play now and see what type of playbook you want to use. And please if you have any other problems and or questions come back and ask them here. There are more than enough people on this board that bleed HC09.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:17 AM   #5
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22
And please if you have any other problems and or questions come back and ask them here. There are more than enough people on this board that bleed HC09.
Amen to that...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »