Home

Playbooks, and more...

This is a discussion on Playbooks, and more... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Playbooks, and more...

Ok, a few questions. I am getting this game, finally, if its available at Best Buy tomorrow. Just seems to be too good of a game, and the dyansty's I am reading are just fantastic and everyone seems to have alot of fun with the game. I am just wondering if anyone can give me an idea on what the playbooks are in the game. Because it seems that there are alot of custom playbooks around, do you create them in game or do you download them off somewhere? Also, how is Chad Henne and Jake Long in this game? It seems that Mario Manningham always turns into a stud, but I have not seen anything about Henne or Long...

And, how do you know what draft path your on? Do you pick one, or do you just tell by the players available in the draft?

As you can probably tell, I am a HUGE Michigan fan. So my goal is to use a team that has holes at positions that Michigan alumns are at and are good. So I want to try and get Henne, Long, Manningham, Hart, Woodley, Hall, Woodson, Breaston, Foote, etc. I am also looking for what playbook is most like Michigans old playbook(the pro-style system they used under Carr).

I also am interested in using a spread-option system like Rich Rodriguez uses, or Urban Meyer uses for another career.

I read some where that there is a draft path known as the "Pryor draft path." Is this Pryor similar to Terrelle Pryor as in a mobile QB, or is it totally different and just the last name is the same?

Is there any mobile QB's that are good, or turn out to be good? Like how does Andre Woodson turn out to be?

Thanks! I appreciate any help given!

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Playbooks, and more...

1. Long is a great player who always goes first to the Dolphins for me. I'm pretty sure Henne isn't that good in this game, but Manningham is one of the best receivers out of the original draft.

2. You figure out what draft path you are on by what players are there. Jack English for the stacked English path, Ozzie Jones for Jones path, Mike Zazzalli for the Zazzalli path, and Maceo Sweetney for the Sweetney path.

3. It would be hard to assemble that team because you might have to give up a lot more than you want to for a few of those players. I'm not sure what playbook is like the old Michigan playbook but I know the Michigan Spread is an option.

4. Darius Pryor is in the English Draft Path and he is exactly like Terrelle Pryor in that he is mobile.

5. Andre Woodson is one of the best QBs in the original draft and you can get him in the late rounds. The most mobile QB in that draft is Josh Johnson, but for me he fumbled too much, threw too many interceptions, took too many sacks, and didn't learn the playbook fast enough. He has worked for others though, like in Milkman41's Tampa Bay Bucs Coaching Dynasty.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

You can design your own custom playbook in the game. You simply go to playbooks, choose a base playbook to work from, and start adding or deleting plays as you go. You can download plays off Gamernet, but only after you start your career. The playbooks are mainly the NFL ones that were used by the teams in 2008, but you can also use college playbooks. The strategy guide lists all the playbooks; I'd pick up a copy if I were you.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
He has worked for others though, like in Milkman41's Tampa Bay Bucs Coaching Dynasty.
Sweeeeeet, haha
Old 11-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
You can design your own custom playbook in the game. You simply go to playbooks, choose a base playbook to work from, and start adding or deleting plays as you go. You can download plays off Gamernet, but only after you start your career. The playbooks are mainly the NFL ones that were used by the teams in 2008, but you can also use college playbooks. The strategy guide lists all the playbooks; I'd pick up a copy if I were you.
Ahhh! The devil!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl221
Ahhh! The devil!
Me, or the strategy guide?
Old 11-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
MVP