Home

Ozzie Jones = The worst 99 potential HB I've ever seen

This is a discussion on Ozzie Jones = The worst 99 potential HB I've ever seen within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Ozzie Jones = The worst 99 potential HB I've ever seen

Can someone explain something to me please?

Why is it that Ozzie Jones is sooo slow and never EVER finds holes to run through? I have backup HB's that are LOW 80's that run 100x better than Ozzie does.

I mean I don't get it. Ozzie is 99 in almost EVERY attribute practically and he is just awful.

He's in his 2nd year, and he has not gotten a 100 yard game in ...oh...about 25 games since his starting rookie season. The most he's had was 28 for 70 yards in ANY game.

You can't say its the coaching or my offensive line because I have other RB's that do WAY better, and I mean they are incredible at finding holes and running FAST to the outside. But Ozzie kinda just jogs on the outside or gets owned on the inside.

Some advice here would be amazing please lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Ozzie Jones = The worst 99 potential HB I've ever seen

Pitches.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl221
Pitches.
I do those. They don't work with him. It's really amazing to watch because I'll test it, and use a lower RB sometimes and he will fly to the outside.

Hell I've seen defensive lineman catch Ozzie on the outside. It's so frustrating.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

You definitely have to pass to set up the run in this.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl221
You definitely have to pass to set up the run in this.
No I know that. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I'm going to see how he is next year and if he is still bad, then I might trade him and take the $2mil cap hit.

There is no point in keeping him and me watching his OVR go from 95 (where it currently is) to 93 and then 90 and lower and lower because he's not performing in the games while my other RB's are.

See the thing is I can understand it if my other RB's were doing nothing as well. Then I could cough it up as bad coaching, bad offensive line and/or just tough defenses against the run.

I did 2 back to back games (played) against the New York Football Giants. These were the HB stats:

First Game:
Ozzie Jones (95OVR / 99POT) - 23att 48 yards, 0 TDs

Second Game:
Chase Kennard (83OVR / 90POT) - 21 att 121 yards, 2 TDs

Then I have another RB named Kennedy who is a 77 OVR / 85 POT and he does almost as good as Chase, but definately better than Ozzie. Again its not just against the Giants. It's against teams like the Raiders, Falcons, Bills. I mean teams that don't have great run defenses in the games.

Am I just crazy?

Last edited by joejccva71; 12-19-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

I have had promblems with ozzie jones and leron james just as much, they seem to not run fast enough or hit the holes as hard... On the other hand they are little shifty scat backs and I beleive that powerful up the gut runners have more sucess in this game...

U may check his play knowledge that can and may cause the promblem, but if that is not then the case then it could be ur offensive playbook... I noticed that Reggie Bush and Brian Westbrook does very well in the spread formation... Also u may need to run with a fullback, that has really worked for me... Does ur RB coach, OC coordinater, or u have any special skills pertaining to the halfback like the fancy footwork-finess moves, that could also help out...

P.s. One halfback in this game that most people think is terriable, but has been amazing for me is Rudi Johnson, he is best as a power back 86 overall, but once he gets the playbook learned he will run north and south all day (93 trucking)...
Old 12-19-2009, 03:52 AM   #7
Banned

I haven't done this Ozzie Jones path before, but I remember I had the same problems with Leron James as well. Potentials being off the charts, but then in the games they are horrible.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to trade him in a year or so and get the most I can for him. Then get a power back.

Power backs seem to dominate the run game in NFLHC09.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Power backs seem to dominate the run game in NFLHC09.
I agree - unless you monkey with the sliders. I've experimented with that in my franchise and LeRon James is actually performing more like you'd expect LeRon James to perform.

I think it's a combination of things that make the run game such misery overall, but lowering defensive awareness and increasing both run blocking and RB ability goes a long way to helping.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »