Home

Tendering RFA's

This is a discussion on Tendering RFA's within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Tendering RFA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Just for clarification....the only players that give you an option for RFA are the ones who sign 3 year contracts after they are drafted. They only become RFAs after their 3rd year in the league...IF they are not under a contract. So if they sign a 4, 5 or more year contract they will not be RFAs.

I have found it to be very rare that a player who is going to be a RFA at the end of the year to try to sign during the year more than 1 time. So if you dont sign him during that first round of negotiations he wont be back.
This answers a question I was about to ask. Re-signing Andre Woodson and Craig Steltz are season goals for the current year in my dynasty, but neither has come up for re-signing after 12 weeks in the season. Sounds like you just get one bite at the apple during the season.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Some players don't ever come up to resign, it usually means they want to go to another team, even if they have a 99 approval ( I find that very amusing).
Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #11
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Level 1- Original round
Level 2 -2nd round
Level 3- 1st round
Level 4- 1st and 3rd round

It all depends on how skilled your GM is. I expect a GM with good contract and negotiation skills will be able to get a team to bite on Level 4. You have to have it to level 5, though.
Yeah that's right. The weird thing is, that whenever I give someone a lvl 1 tender, the disappear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
Some players don't ever come up to resign, it usually means they want to go to another team, even if they have a 99 approval ( I find that very amusing).
I don't think that I ever had a RFA renegotiate a contract with me in his last year. Maybe they alll expect a high tender or other teams to go after them.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:29 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
Maybe it was their personality. You can be extremely happy with an organization(playing time, production, and contract) but if you are a restless person who enjoys new life frequently then you will want to change just for the sake of changing.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:26 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I played the full 15 years and never saw the RFA screen. Only way I could see what it looks like is looking at the help on the clipboard.

And the settings were not on delegate...
Old 01-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Yeah that's right. The weird thing is, that whenever I give someone a lvl 1 tender, the disappear.
They will be back in training camp, all the tendered players are not on the team until then.
Only other time is if somebody offers them a contract and you match it then they are signed and appear.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »