Home

Raising Low Potentials

This is a discussion on Raising Low Potentials within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Raising Low Potentials

Is it possible to take players with exceptionally low potential such as Eric Ainge with 44 as a Field General and raise it to a decent (85+) level?

Just call me Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Raising Low Potentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Is it possible to take players with exceptionally low potential such as Eric Ainge with 44 as a Field General and raise it to a decent (85+) level?
I don't think so. The game has said more than once the only way to raise a player's potential is through Gamechangers or Motivator. The gamechanger raises the potential of individual attributes, not the overall. Motivator is a 1 use skill. You can only raise potentials one time with it.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
I don't think so. The game has said more than once the only way to raise a player's potential is through Gamechangers or Motivator. The gamechanger raises the potential of individual attributes, not the overall. Motivator is a 1 use skill. You can only raise potentials one time with it.
Ive risen potential before. Especially on QBs. I took a high pot. QB that hasnt played ( stuck behind Ken 'QB Killer' Dorsey') and rebuilt his potential which was originally in the 90's, from 87 to 93/94. That was just from finally getting game time. If i started Eric Ainge and his 44, and coaxed excellent play out of him im wondering if the same would happen

Just call me Sanchez
Old 12-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

im retty sure ainge has decent POT (90+) when I drafted him for KC, it may be a case of it being capped/lowered by production
Old 12-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Motivator is the way to do it. I've had players with 90 to 92 potential skyrocket up to 99. I never want to use Motivator again though. One year 3 of my 97 overall lineman, my 98 overall QB (Darius Pryor), my 96 overall WR, and my 97 overall CB all wanted contracts of $70+ million. Motivator is useful for making anyone a star but it destroys your cap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
MVP

Your high pot QB had high potential when he started. He just rediscovered his potential and exceeded it a little. I think it will be difficult to make Erik Ainge make a major increase in potential, though.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

with your initially high potential QB his lack of production lowered his apparent potential then the increase in production increased that apparent potential. With ainge you have to look at the potentials of his throw power, accuracy, awareness, and probably learning ratings for the field general overall. These will be the cap for his actual ability in this position. That said, with great production you can increase his perceived potential a little but seeing as his athleticism, intangible, and learning ratings are based off of his actual ratings and size is something that is not at all going to change there will be a real limit as to how high this can be raised. now with the motivator skill you can get a boost to his intangeble and athleticism ratings but it probably won't be enough to get him up into those high levels. The one thing you can do to get him to play like a top QB like that would be boost your coaches to help him out with special skills and performance and bringing talent in around him.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I remember playing Seneca Wallace at QB for a while and he increased his potential from 68 to 71... don't know if this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »