Home

It's funny how this ACTUALLY works.

This is a discussion on It's funny how this ACTUALLY works. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
It's funny how this ACTUALLY works.

Lol, so I'm playing the Patriots as my first year Dolphins. I decided before the game that I would stick with my usual gameplan, then change things up if things start to get ugly. Well.. they did. Score was 14-0, THEN I started blitzing. Before I knew it, the score was 21-14 in the 4th, I scored another TD with like 7 seconds remaining and knowing I would NOT win should the game have gone into overtime, Andre could NOT hand off the ball to Ronnie Brown, resulting in a sack. Long story short: Blitzing Tom Brady works extremely well.

Now, I know if I played the Colts, I would've gotten murdered because Peyton.. pressure or no pressure, he would've mauled me. Same with a guy like McNabb, etc. I reverted to the NY Giants SB gameplan and it almost had me win. Boy was that fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: It's funny how this ACTUALLY works.

On Brady and Manning, it is like flipping a coin sometimes the blitzes work and sometimes they don't, the only thing u cannot do is just sit back in zone... They can and will pick u apart...

If u use a multiple look defense then u may have good sucess against them, I have been able to...
Old 01-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Banned

Yeah, it's awesome. I tried running Zone against Tom, dude stredded my D, it was 14-0, I started blitzing, and ended up losing 20-21 because I figured "F overtime, I'm going for this to end this game right now" And I lost. HOWEVER, Andre Woodson tossed 2 picks and we fumbled once so the fact that we lost to the best team in the game by one point after all that makes me glad. That would've been my greatest win ever because it was 14-0, 14-7, then 21-7, then we just rallied and came back.

I ran all out blitzes and everything. They work most of the time against him, but I got burned for a HUGE HUGE TD pass for like 60 yards because of the blitzing. But all in all it works and I'll try to beat New England with them the next time I play them.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Good Luck... btw have u gotten the chance to play against the Buccaneers they seem to be that away no matter who is the QB, have beaten me two start years in the NFC conference championship in my 49ers dynasty...

Last edited by edward_1385; 01-02-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Banned

Well, I remember playing them a long time ago in my old careers, and the Buccs were ALWAYS dominant year after year no matter what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Its funny how posts like the OPs actually happen

Just call me Sanchez
Old 01-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikaben
Well, I remember playing them a long time ago in my old careers, and the Buccs were ALWAYS dominant year after year no matter what.
I'm actually forming a rivalry with them considerig that I beat them twice to go to the Super Bowl and they beat my Seahawks once to go to the Super Bowl haha its ridiculous how that put emphasis on the Colts and Bucs.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

I too had some success against the pats. I had read this and tried it blitzing pretty heavily and actually jumped out to a 14-0 lead on a couple xavier omon TD runs. They stormed back in the 3rd quarter with 3 straight TDs started by a pick-6 off a bad throw by josh johnson and a score on a short field caused by an omon fumble on our next play but then we scored off a long larry johnson run. They drove right down and scored to go up 28-21 with just 3 minutes left but thenI drove down, scored on a 1 yard LJ run and knowning I would have no chance if they got the ball 1st in OT and not a great chance even if I got it 1st so I went for 2 and josh ended up scrambling into the endzone and we won.

Brady beat me a couple times on my blitzes but threw 1 pick and only 2 TDs and only threw for 230 yards. We also got 4 sacks on the game and came away with the win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »