Home

Weird Coaching Changes...

This is a discussion on Weird Coaching Changes... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
Weird Coaching Changes...

In my 49ers dynasty I have had after 2 years, working on my 3rd year, some of the weirdest coaching changes...

1.) Atlanta fires Mike Smith after the first year then hires former def coordinator Clancey Pendergest, then they fire him and hire there current coach General Sanders, (who has Jack English, Darren Mcfadden, and Flash Gorden)...

2.) New York Jets fires Eric Mangini (who becomes def coordinator for the cardinals) after first year then hires former def coordinator Rob Ryan, then they fire him (who becomes clevland's def coordinator) and hire ex off coordinator Cam Cameron...

3.) Oakland fires Lane Kiffin after first year and hire college coach Gary Hammermil who makes Ken Dorsey into a pro bowler and runner up for the MVP...

4.) Detriot coach Jim Colleto retires and they bring in ex def coordinator Rex Ryan who leads them to a 11-5 divison champion record and right now they are the only unbeaten team at 13-0 after beating me making me 12-1...

5.) After the first year Colt's coach Tony Dungy retires and Tom Moore is promoted to head coach and Jim Caldwell steps up as off coordinator...

6.) After 2 years Baltimore's coach John Harbaugh retires (to young to retire) and they hire former o-line coach Russ Grimm...

7.) After 2 years Miami's coach Tony Sparno retires and they hire college coach Larry Widebacker...

8.) After 2 years Washington fires Jim Zorn and hires Clancey Pendergast...

9.) And for the last one, (kinda thought it was funny) Clevland fires Romeo Crennal, (who becomes Baltimore's def coordinator) and hire Eric Mangini as coach, and they also hired Rob Ryan as def coordinator (as stated above) kinda real life for u...

One more thing Tampa Bay drafted Kelly James, which has won the past two super bowls against the Colts, and Arizonia has drafted Dane Morrow, who has finally this year gotten to take over the offense after Kurt Warner left for Miami after year 1 and now that Matt Leinart has suffered a career ending knee injury in week 6 this year...

P.s. Sorry for the long post...

Last edited by edward_1385; 01-04-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Weird Coaching Changes...

Wow, even this game knew that the skins should've fired him after 2 years. The irony is.. well, Zorn now is out of a job. hahahaha
Old 01-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

What I thought was the weirdest thing was no retreads, (minus Mangini to the Browns) Alot of off and def coordinators being promoted and alot of college coaches joining the ranks...
Old 01-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Interesting, I never had Dungy return, and I had loads of re-treads. Norv Turner coached 6 or 7 teams in 10 years, Mangini got bounced around among others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »