Home

What's up with Gary Hammermill?

This is a discussion on What's up with Gary Hammermill? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What's up with Gary Hammermill?

I am not sure I just know his defensive scheme is 4-3 for the Bears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 26

I have good reason to fear in my current franchise. I took over the panthers and going into the off season I saw that Mike Smith retired from the falcons and they picked up none other then gary hammermil.

At first, I checked their QB situation and saw they had trent green as their starter. I thought no worries he will retire soon and they will be left with a scrub QB trying to throw 40 times a game getting picked every other play....That was until I realized they had the first of first draft pick in the jack english path. Obviously they drafted jack and now I will have to probably spend the next 14 years trying to stop him
Old 01-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah you definitely will. Even with Trent Green he would prob. lead the league in passing yards every season. With Jack English that will be a headache every year playing them lol. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

I've hired him as an OC before. Took my Brian Brohm led Packers to four straight super bowls. I simmed every year. Brohm seemed like he played 7-8 season when it was only 4.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #29
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10

I once had Hammerill become the head coach of the Raiders and turned Andrew Walter into the leagues best QB in every stat. McFadden also had a monster year recieving. Then I saw who they drafted near the end of the first round and it was QB Darius Pryor. But after like half a season I got bored and went on to play other games. I think I overwrote the save file also on quicksave. Would have been interesting to see how he would have done.

It seems like anywhere Hammerill goes he turns it around and makes the QB the best in the league every year. I had a season where he made the Cardinals go undefeated to the SuperBowl with Luke Rambis as a rookie. Their defense even did great even though they started Vernon Gholston and some other below 70 rated players.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #30
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah he does that and it is a headache, especialy when he is the same divison as u... He has caused me problems year after year, and I hate it because it is so hard to win MVP and Coach of the Year...

In Oakland he turned Ken Dorsey and Chris Johnson/ Kevin Faulk into superstars after a dismal 3-13 season then every year after he continued to win the AFC west with lucartive stats...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #31
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm sorry but when a Coach's system has Travaris Jackson (Vikings QB) winning MVP for FIVE STRAIGHT YEARS IN A ROW, there's something up there. Especially when the kid never throws for less than 5000 yards and 45 TD in a season. Adrian Peterson generally has beast mode seasons receiving and occasional running. But it's just annoying to see him take one of the crappiest QBs, and after one season have them playing in the Super Bowl and winning MVP. Within those 5 seasons, Hammermill's worst season record was 13-3 which happened only once. He went a majority of his seasons 14-2 or 15-1. And, the worst part, within 5 seasons, he played in 4 Super Bowls, winning 3 and losing 1 to the Colts. You know how hard it is to win Coach of the Year when you've got a guy who just takes crap and turns it into a Franchise name after one season? Darn you Hammermill, darn you!! (Maybe there would be no complaining if there was a higher chance to hire him myself )

Quick question, anyone know what defense he likes to run? I know we all talk about his freak offense, but from what I've seen he's actually got a pretty solid defense that stays consistently in the top 10 every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #32
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

From what I can gather his defense is probably pretty soild because of teams having to continue to pass to play catch up to his offense... I know the stratgey guide doesn't list a defense he has, so my guess would be the team he is on starting defensive playbook...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »