Home

What's up with Gary Hammermill?

This is a discussion on What's up with Gary Hammermill? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #41
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What's up with Gary Hammermill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
Haha, their coach is still John Harbaugh but their QB is Luke Rambis. He threw for 308 yards and 5 touchdowns in that game. Ray Rice had 22 carries for 207 yards and 2 touchdowns. Demetrius Williams had 10 catches for 114 yards and 4 touchdowns. Haloti Ngata had 2 sacks.
If only we could do that irl with Flacco at the helm, then we would be unstoppable...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #42
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385
If only we could do that irl with Flacco at the helm, then we would be unstoppable...
Yeah that would be awesome. The power running by Rice, McGahee, and McClain paired with a good QB and receivers would be deadly. Sadly that might not ever come to be if we can't get a decent receiver.

An update on the numbers I got after my second season with a coach like Hammermill. Drew Trumblee finished 238-388, 3308 yards, 26 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, and a 94.9 QB Rating. Jamel Keddington carried the ball 229 times for 1101 yards and 19 touchdowns. He also caught 72 balls for 1100 yards and 10 touchdowns. This was the second year in a row I had a running back who did this. The other was Chester Taylor. Keddington took home MVP, OPOY, and OROY awards. I finished 16-0 but lost in the NFC Championship game to the Cowboys. My team, the Vikings, finished 3rd in total offense and first in points scored. I finished 9th in defense but led the league in sacks with 44.

The real Hammermill led the Raiders to 7-9 record. Joey Harrington was 294-590, 4742 yards, 36 touchdowns, 30 picks, and a 76.2 rating. They didn't have the same success running that I did. Their leading rusher was McFadden and he was 111 for 496 yards and 6 touchdowns. He did have over a thousand yards receiving though. The Raiders had 3 who did it.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 26

His playbook seems to have 5 or 6 QB running plays. Anyone ever tried a mobile QB like Josh Johnson to see what sort of rushing yardage the QB could get? That would really be a 2 pronged attack with the QB.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:00 PM   #44
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok so I finished up the regular season of Season 3 with the Michigan Spread. I finished 15-1 with my only loss to the 5-11 Eagles. I had the #1 offense and was #1 in points scored. Drew Trumblee finished 278-446 for 3,787 yards, 36 touchdowns, 16 picks and a 101.3 QB Rating in 12 games. He missed 4 due to a broken fibula. His back-up had 1,287 yards, 7 touchdown, and 6 picks in 4 starts. Jamel Keddington ran 239 times for 1221 yards and 18 touchdowns, with a 5.1 YPA. He had 51 catches for 863 yards and 5 touchdowns. His receiving numbers went down from last year but thats due to more talent around him. Horace Tucker, a 6'6" beast from Florida A&M, had 85 catches for 1059 yards and 12 tds with only 8 drops. Ryan Barnes, out of Marshall, had 71 catches for 963 yards and 12 tds with 12 drops. Bernard Berrian had 71 catches for 898 yards and 3 tds with 22 drops.

The Raiders finished 7-9 under Hammermill with the 15th ranked offense. QB Joey Harrington was 310 for 621, 4701 yards, 37 tds, and 35 picks. I tried to trade them by back-up who has 91 POT but they weren't interested. McFadden was 103-407 with 10 rushing tds. He had 62 catches for 1236 yards and 11 tds. I wonder if the Raiders will try and bring in a new QB. They drafted Willie Idleburg last year but he didn't see any action. Harrington has the highest AWR at 65, then it is Andrew Walter at 54, and then Idleburg with 35. It's sad to see that the Raiders still continue to suck even though they have one of the best offensive coaches in the game.

In other news, the Lions went 10-6 and made the playoffs. The Bills went 14-2 and made the playoffs and got the #1 seed and home-field advantage. Worst 3 teams were the Panthers, the Bears, and the Rams, at 3-13, 4-12, and 4-12

Last edited by cloudedskate; 01-31-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #45
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
It's sad to see that the Raiders still continue to suck even though they have one of the best offensive coaches in the game.
Lol, no offense to Raiders fans, but honestly this team is a complete mess. The biggest problem is they don't know how to draft well at all in my opinion. I know people say the old Lion's GM was one of the worst, but I feel like in the draft Al Davis is a close second XD

I do love Al Davis though; he's got a cool personality
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #46
Banned

Maximum Panic's Arena

OVR: 3

I remember when I was in Year 2 and Hammerill went to the Bears who had gone 3-13....And they ahd the first pick, and guess what draft path it was

Stupid Jack English, Playing him and Hammermill twice a year was a real pain! Ugh! Lost every time, except for one time, when I decided to simply blitz, constanlty. it worked to say the least, he couldn't do anything if he's laying on the ground. But thent he next time we faced him, I did the same thing, and we lost 28-17!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Did English do any running QB plays with Hammermill?

I'm using Hammer's playbook with English as the Redskins. It's his first year, we only lose when he has Mark Sanchez esque 5 INT games, which he's had a few of, but I've figured out what passes he can't do as well, so we've won 6 in a row, the last three being total blowouts. At 9-5 now. I don't do any of the QB running plays with him though.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #48
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

In my old 49ers chise Gary was coaching the Raiders with Ken Dorsey and he had about 80 something carries for about close to 200 yards rushing with 1 touchdown and 5 fumbles...

Btw, they had the first pick and they drafted LT-Javon Jackson with it, and Jack English fell to #5 and was picked by the Falcons who had General Sanders...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »