Home

What's up with Gary Hammermill?

This is a discussion on What's up with Gary Hammermill? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What's up with Gary Hammermill?

i was wondering if hes better as a OC or a DC? becuase hes an amazing head coach but is he only good at being a HC?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:30 PM   #58
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

I have heard he is more of an offensive coordinator, because of his playbook he brings, with him, but yet some have used him as a defensive coordinator also and he was still pretty soild...

So all in all if u can get him at either OC or DC then I highly recommend it, because 90% of the time he winds up as a very successful head coach somewhere...
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #59
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3396
i was wondering if hes better as a OC or a DC? becuase hes an amazing head coach but is he only good at being a HC?
I'm willing to bet he's a hell of a lot better DC than OC. As an OC, he has no development skills or anything other than 5 in calling plays, strategy, team chemistry, and performance.

As a DC however he has quite a few development skills, and a few special skills. The only reason people will want him for OC is to add a few of his plays, which I don't find worth it too much... If you ever find him as an OC, it wouldn't hurt to take him. I think there are better ones out there. But if you can find him as a DC, might as well grab this rare opportunity. Sure, there are better DC out there to start, but he is one who won't retire on you for awhile and can develop almost full I think.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #60
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pearce
I'm willing to bet he's a hell of a lot better DC than OC. As an OC, he has no development skills or anything other than 5 in calling plays, strategy, team chemistry, and performance.
I figured it would be the other way around, so he is kinda like having Chris Staymates as a Special Teams coordinator, he has 5 in the above stats but only 1's in all the developmental stats...

Man this topic has been a hot thing on this forum...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #61
Rookie

well i think that he probably is a better OC than a DC becuase of his offensive stats that he puts up as a head coach are freaking AMAZING!!!!, and if anyone has had him as a DC or OC please tell me becuase i want to know if he will help u put up the stats that he does as a HC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #62
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3396
well i think that he probably is a better OC than a DC becuase of his offensive stats that he puts up as a head coach are freaking AMAZING!!!!, and if anyone has had him as a DC or OC please tell me becuase i want to know if he will help u put up the stats that he does as a HC
No he won't. The reason he puts up the stats as a HC is because he has level 5 in the standard skills, and his playbook and philosophies are very difficult to stop. He has 1 for every single offensive skill there is, whereas he has reasonable levels for defensive skills, and one or two defensive special skills. Sure, his level 5 Performance skill will help out a lot as a OC and DC, but if you hire him at OC you will find players are slower to develop and learn plays. I know it's tempting to hire him as an OC, and if you do he can be developed, but he is much more of an immediate impact as a DC (excluding the HC position obviously).
Old 02-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #63
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Staymates a good DC or OC?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #64
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Staymates a good DC or OC?
He's alright starting out. I know he has pretty impressive PC, ST, TC, and Performance, but if I recall has pretty poor cap levels for most development skills on both sides of the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »