Home

What was the most shocking team to finish last in a season???

This is a discussion on What was the most shocking team to finish last in a season??? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
What was the most shocking team to finish last in a season???

In my 49ers chise I have had the Pittsburg Steelers finish 08 11-5 divison leaders then the next two years they plummeted down to 4-12 in 09 and now so far a 1-12 record in 2010 they are on there way to a 1-15 record if they don't start getting it together... Meanwhile the Detriot Lions have turned it around with the hiring of Rex Ryan and are now looking at the number 1 seed in the NFC with a undefeated record of 13-0...

My question is which team that is supposed to do good turns into one of the worst in the league???

Btw Cinncinati and Clevland is fighting for the lead in the north both with a 5-8 record...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: What was the most shocking team to finish last in a season???

When I use the Leron James draft path the Raiders always seem to go 0-16 or 1-15 then sign the Michigan Spread created Head Coach and draft Jack English. They turn into a powerhouse and consistently get to the Superbowl. I've had English throw for 50+ TDs multiple years in a row before.

I've also seen the Steelers fall apart and become the doormat of their division for a few years like you. I think it's because the running game sucks major *** in simmed games so run heavy teams do really poorly.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385

Btw Cinncinati and Clevland is fighting for the lead in the north both with a 5-8 record...
Wow never seen that happen before

Just call me Sanchez
Old 01-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Haven't seen 5-8 fighting for a division lead but in my last season baltimore got in with 7 wins
Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #5
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

I know it is always crazy in the AFC and NFC north and west divisons... I mean to reprsent the South is usally Colts and Buccs and to reprsent the East is usally Patriots and Eagles/Cowboys at least that is what I have always seen...

I am in the English path and shockingly Oakland didn't draft Jack English with the first overall pick instead they drafted..... LT-Javon Jackson out of Florida meanwhile English fell 5th to the Falcons and Kelly James went in the second to TB and Dane Morrow went in the second to ARZ... (weird)

Btw, Oakland has Ken Dorsey and Miami has Kurt Warner... Oakland also has Gary Hammmermil... Also Detriot took another WR both years, but they also got Rex Ryan after the first year and now have the best defense in the league after 2 years ( I could only score 12 points on them all field goals)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Oh boy I just started a new career last night and the Raiders went 1-15, hired Gary Hammerhill and drafted Jack English AND Leron James. I see insane offenses in this careers future.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

In my current one with KC I am about to start my 3rd season and my squad is overpowering but one surprise has been miami. They had a great draft the 1st year for a CPU team picking up jake long with their top pick, kenny philips with the 32nd pick, and getting andre woodson in the later rounds.

The second year they didnt draft nearly as well picking up rakeem jordan with the number 7 overall pick and he is nothing more than a nickle corner and really only picking up one good player, a guard who I would guess around 88-92 potential in the later rounds.

They did however pick up an undrafted MLB who although probably only having 85-88 potential he came in 83 overall and was starting for them all season long and was 3rd in defensive rookie of the year. They are actually starting woodson and have him up to 89 overall.

Last year they went 9-7 and barely missed the playoffs as denver beat them out for the tiebreaker but I could see them being very decent for the forseeable future as long as they keep making smart decisions but with a team like that who knows.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
Oh boy I just started a new career last night and the Raiders went 1-15, hired Gary Hammerhill and drafted Jack English AND Leron James. I see insane offenses in this careers future.
Yes it will be insane... Ken Dorsey had 5,078 yards 48 tds and Chris Johnson had 400 yards rushing 11 tds and also added 67 catches for 1,298 yards and 22 tds... Thats with them just imangine what English and James are going to do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »