Home

Good Multi TE PA running playbook

This is a discussion on Good Multi TE PA running playbook within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Good Multi TE PA running playbook

Anybody know of one or do I need to make it.

My current career I am nearly at the 100 win milstone and will very likley win SuperBowl #3 in a row. It took a few season but I have a really solid ground game and stupid defense. I built up my GM too much as well as some postion coaches to the point the game is way to easy.
I can't scout in season and have rediculous drafts of 15-22 picks because I just trade away all the players in their last year of a contract and reload.
I miss scouting and at least have some not knwing what I have out of the draft.
So once I get the 2 achievements I am starting over.
I want to build a running offense that uses 2-3 TE and playaction passes. Is there any playbook that fits well or shoul dI just make one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Good Multi TE PA running playbook

I know the Chargers playbook makes good use of the Tight End and the running game. I don't know if it's what you're looking for though
Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Ok Thanks, I was thinking I would just Sub out the FB with a TE as far as roster goes if I want another TE on the field, then use passes to the fullback in the playbook.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I usually create my own playbooks but have had a lot of success with 2 TE sets moving FBs to TE. Now in my current franchise I have drew goldman and karon cousins so I am going with a lot of 2 TE sets this year and for the next few while I have goldman.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

I have heard the Steelers playbook does and I think maybe the Cowboys might have it, but not sure... The Wishbone also does have it, but then u may need a running QB for all of the options...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I usually create my own playbooks but have had a lot of success with 2 TE sets moving FBs to TE. Now in my current franchise I have drew goldman and karon cousins so I am going with a lot of 2 TE sets this year and for the next few while I have goldman.

I had those two also, but not many 2 TE sets to use them with, just traded tagged one a for a 1st and somebody signed him so I let him walk for the pick.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Yeah, I don't have a ton of 2TE sets but I am definitely going to create some plays to take advantage of them. My offense is starting to hit the problem of having too many weapons. I have 4 WRs right now who could be looked at as true #1 recievers and another who could be close but is undersized and not as well rounded. I got rid of mario manningham and earl bennet who are both very solid receivers just because they were going to start losing potential sitting on my bench.

I still have dwayne bowe who I am just holding onto through this contract then parting ways with. He is going to be my slot receiver this year. jamerion bellows who is just a completely dominant reciever, possibly one of the best in the game, and I think I am going to actually let start this year. DJ Crosby who shefter was talking about him dropping in the draft cause he can't get off the line against the press but who is a great big play threat with the 6'4" body to be a very good redzone target and who will be starting this year opposite bellows. Can't remember the new rookie's name, jameele lucas I think, he is like 6'5" 231lbs with like 92 or 93 potential, 99 CIT potential, 90+ speed, and 97+ in most recieving stats potential and could really be a dominant reciever. Also, some steal named hopson who is only 5'10" but has 91 potential and looks to be a very decent all around reciever.

Not only that, I still have LJ, I have leron James as well, and xavier omon along with JR meyers and another FB who has like 97 or something potential for impact blocking and is great in about every run blocking area. I traded off casey barone after one season for a 2nd round pick just because there was no way to fit him in. Not only that, I have goldman, cousins, and also carl stewart at TE which he is a great blocking TE who makes decent plays and the first 2 are just dominant TEs all around.

It will really take some creative playcalling to use all those players. probably going to just get too easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »