Home

simming sliders

This is a discussion on simming sliders within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
simming sliders

sick of the mumbo jumbo with the gameplay of this game. im sure everyone knows what i'm talking about. anyway, i reckon just normal simming is the best way for realistic stats. so, if anyone does this, do u use the default sliders for simming? or modified sliders? if so, what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: simming sliders

The sim stats in this game are terrible. As far as I know sliders don't effect simmed games at all either. They may effect supersim but I doubt it. What exactly are you sick of gameplay-wise?
Old 01-13-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

the usual. leading all game, but losing all the time because the cpu becomes superman, getting sacked on run plays, not being able to run the ball/stop the run, QB's playing more then their true potential etc
Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals9
the usual. leading all game, but losing all the time because the cpu becomes superman, getting sacked on run plays, not being able to run the ball/stop the run, QB's playing more then their true potential etc
See those are pretty much the opposite of what I experience, which means you probably just need to adjust your sliders. I have to limit my playcalling to avoid blowing out the cpu most game. While the run game may not get a consistent 2-5 yards I do get 100+ yards on 25 or less carries pretty much every game. I also have alot of trouble NOT stopping the cpu run game. Lastly I have always found the QBs to play like total idiots and far worse than their rating. I know the sliders don't do all that much in this game but mess with them anyway.

Btw I am using Adambroskis sliders from the Slider section with run blocking bumped up to 80 for me and the cpu.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

When u are simming, I have noticed that the playbooks choosen plays a signifcant roll in the results... I use the default sliders and tried two different playbooks, first one was with the Mike Martz passing book and used the Chargers, Rivers passed for 4800 yards 42 tds and 26 ints meanwhile LT finshed with 700 yards 11 tds and there were 3 1,000 yard recivers... Meanwhile I used the Steelers Smashmouth and Rivers passed for 2600 yards 23 tds and 12 ints and LT finished with 1800 yards 24 tds and Chambers finished with 1,000 yards and Gates second on team with 700 yards... Now in their orginal playbook Rivers passed 3300 yards 31 tds 16 ints, Gates finished with 1500 yards and 12 tds and LT had 1600 yards and 19 tds...

Sonin conclusion I think when u sim it has more emphaszie on the playbook used, play knowledge, and coaching levels than it does with sliders...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »