Home

Change philosophy and re-sign?

This is a discussion on Change philosophy and re-sign? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Change philosophy and re-sign?

I'm playing as the Packers I'm thinking of getting rid of Woodson, Harris, Driver and Barnett(pricey for an 85) for young talent out of the 2008 draft but I was curious. I had a quick thought and my question is this: Do players have a set amount they prefer when re-signing or is it based off of OVR and POT? The reason why I ask is to know if it's possible to degrade the player by switching philosophies, re-sign and then switch back to recieve maximum potential out of that player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Change philosophy and re-sign?

I think it may be based on production more than anything else. I have had crappy 75-80 rated lineman with no potential who I was forced to start end up asking for 3-5 mil a year when resigning, while a backup player with similar OVR but high potential may only ask for 500k.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

If it is really based on production then I say it's a great game design, cuz it's actually quite realistic. But I doubt it though. Why don't u test it out yourself and find out?
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

I am not sure but from what I have seen I think it has a bunch of factors to consider, first off is their production on the field, second it is also there personality (ex. Guru's well cave easily and take less to help the team, meanwhile Superstars will ask for all they can get...) third off is ur GM's abilty to negiote and there personality type... And last but not least probabley has something to do about there approvel with u and the team...

Thoses are the things that I beleive may have factors in contract signings, but then agian I have seen ovr play a part in trades... (ex. HB-Kevin Faulk 71 power back 08 6th and 09 6th, 87 receving back 08 2nd 09 6th...)
Old 01-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

I think overall is also a factor. I have seen a player with an overall of 86 ask for 5 million a year, as compared to 2 million a year when he had an overall of 80.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #6
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
I think overall is also a factor. I have seen a player with an overall of 86 ask for 5 million a year, as compared to 2 million a year when he had an overall of 80.
I have seen it affect trades so it probably does have something to do with resigning also, but then why would u want to switch positions to get guys to sign for cheaper... It takes the relism out of it...

Now I understand cutting high draft picks and signing them to more reasonable offers, b/c I beleive they haven't proven squat yet and they don't deserve that much money anyways...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »