Home

Next HC Game Improvements

This is a discussion on Next HC Game Improvements within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Next HC Game Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwindu
If they make one:

1. Practice Squads
I would like to keep some of my gems that just couldn't stay because of roster size difficulties. If I feel a guy could develop into something special, I'd like to keep him around.

2. TE Coach Position
I noticed they got rid of the TE Coach Position in the most recent game. you're losing out on 32 other coaches, not to mention all the FA Coaches. Bring it back. Also, maybe allow us to hire Assistant Position Coaches, like Assistant OL Coach or something, so that if an older coach retires, we can seamlessly replace him with a younger coach waiting in the wings.

3. Not Just Head Coach
I would suggest doing this in a completely different game, but I think it would be a very interesting mode if we could do a Coaching Career where we start out as a Position Coach with a team or something. I'll touch on this more at the end.

4. Lengthen the Career
Jeff Fisher is still coaching after 15 years as a Head Coach, and will most likely coach another 15. I don't want to be a HC in year 12 at the top of my game and a few years later be 'retiring'. 30 Seasons would be more appropriate.

5. More UDFA's
I get that we should limit it, but only 5 is a bit of a stretch. You usually see teams sign about 10. It also gives some options for a Possible Practice Squad.

Sorry, nothing about the actual games, Off-Season is my forte.

And here's my idea:

Path of a Legend

We have several options on how to start our career:

1. Head Coach of High School team

2. Offensive and/or Defensive Coordinator of a D2 College

3. Position Coach of a D1 College

We select a hometown, and if we decide to start as a Head Coach of a Highschool team, then it's simply *City* High School (Example: Lincoln High School). This is where you make the choice: starting as a position coach in D1 will make your name more well-known, but may also limit your success. Any Head Coaching experience, even High School, looks better on your resume then "RB Coach, Iowa, 2011-14".

the goal: Coaching Legend, in all aspects of the game. Only more in-depth, with more options. Once we've proven ourselves in the High School/College ranks, perhaps the NFL Teams will come calling. The ultimate challenge: Position Coach of a High School Team. work your way to NFL Head Coach.

This game engine would have to be massive, but this is the 21st Century, we can do it!
LOVE THIS!! I posted in another thread about a game called Football Coach, where you go through the ranks in NCAA and up to the NFL/AFL/CFL. Also: video clips would be good (in game format) of the players at training/interviews/press conferences etc)
Old 02-01-2010, 02:45 AM   #10
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

All I got to say is simply amazing ideas, would love to have a game like that, but if they do make another maybe upping the on field play a little wouldn't hurt...
Old 02-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Love these ideas.

Also, more of a variety to skills wouldn't hurt. They really need 2 separate branches for playcalling. There should be offensive playcalling and defensive playcalling. IMO, they should also branch out performance in this manner. Maybe add some D-Line special skills, like how DB's and LB's have their own little tree whereas D-Line only has 1 special skill total.

There are a bunch of little things that, if fixed, would push this game to even greater heights. Things like fixing the sliders, having a more detailed coach hiring process through a menu or something, and making it possible to switch playbooks during a career would go a long way to make this game even better
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »