Home

Revamped my Sweetney draft guide

This is a discussion on Revamped my Sweetney draft guide within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Revamped my Sweetney draft guide

Thanks....that does clear things up. I don't like the idea of searching the forums and finding out ahead of time which sleepers to draft. In my mind, that's definitely cheating. Too bad they couldn't have just made the draft classes random for everyone.....that way nobody could just post who the future studs are. Instead we could have forums filled with scouting strategies.

Does it go longer than 15 years or does it stop no matter what?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrockz

Does it go longer than 15 years or does it stop no matter what?
Depends on the path. I think Jones and English go until 2023 and Zazzali and Sweetney go until 2021. I'm not 100% sure though, that's just what I've seen in the forums. Of course, if you get fired and can't get a new job, you have to quit...
Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshrolltide
Depends on the path. I think Jones and English go until 2023 and Zazzali and Sweetney go until 2021. I'm not 100% sure though, that's just what I've seen in the forums. Of course, if you get fired and can't get a new job, you have to quit...
And this is another issue with the programmers creating 4 different "paths"......they only go so long. In real life, you could end up coaching for 30+ years depending on your age, success, health, etc. A game that creates every year's draft class at random could go on much longer and also be more challenging.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just looked and found the videos at the start of each of the paths, if anyone needs them. When I save the Tuesday before the first regular season game and quit to choose a different draft path, my game always starts me on English, goes to Jones next, then Sweetney, and finally Zazzali, so I'll list them in that order.

1. When you get English, the first video starts like this... "All the buzz in this draft centers around one player: Stanford quarterback Jack English..." Pretty obvious, right?

2. Jones starts something like this... "Well, kickoff is around the corner, and I've got a feeling this in going to be a special season. There are four dominant defensive linemen..."

3. Sweetney's first video I can't remember the exact words, but I do know that Schefty mentions something about the Heisman race, then mentions Kendrick House trying to repeat his Heisman, so just listen for that name, Kendrick House. (Btw, never draft House... Super talented, but the poor guy can't stay healthy. Even with Arron Lee as my trainer, the guy had a season-ending injury in the first 2 or 3 weeks of the season)

4. And last, my personal favorite, Zazzali. It starts like this... "The preseason Top 25 has been announced, and USC is currently in the number 1 spot..." Schefter also goes on to list his top 5 returning seniors, where he mentions Zazzali, so again, it's a dead giveaway.

Funny story while I'm posting. When I first started playing HC09, I didn't know about the draft classes. I had Sweetney once or twice, then got Zazzali everytime! I finally found Operation Sports and found out about the different paths, but wasn't sure how to switch paths and got mad because I had Zazzali every time!!! I wanted new players and a new challenge! Of course, I did learn how to switch them and have now tried them all. My experiences with them are that English has way too much talent, Jones has good talent but still too much, and Sweetney has almost no talent, especially early on (and don't plan on trading up to get Sweetney, I could never do it). Zazzali is the perfect balance: there are sleepers, but not tons of them; you have to work hard to find the talent. But that's 90% of the fun, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »