Home

Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
GM Dilemma

I am the Redskins in year two. I took them over after I got fired year one by KC. Their mistake as I beat them 48-16 this year. But anyway, that's not my dilemma.

SPOILERS from here on out.

I took Jack English, the CB Riley, Leron James, Bellows, Knox in the draft. Spyder(Snyder) sucked so I basically took the sleepers in the draft preview, and who Todd McShay would talk about. Needless to say I got some really good prospects, I am currently 9-5 and blowing teams out left and right. I have actually improved Spyder to give him the small and middle school insider. Which are great helps. The dilemma, is, should I fire him? Every time English and this draft class does something great, he gets a ton of points. I should be able to get the big school insider and the next one for him next year. He sucks at signing contracts. Everyone wants incentives and it's hard to bargain down. But I want to build through the draft.

If I get a new GM, he won't get bonus points for great games these guys have, will he? So, I think it's almost worth it to keep the current GM. Because in a year or two he will have a ton of special skills.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: GM Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidhope
I am the Redskins in year two. I took them over after I got fired year one by KC. Their mistake as I beat them 48-16 this year. But anyway, that's not my dilemma.

SPOILERS from here on out.

I took Jack English, the CB Riley, Leron James, Bellows, Knox in the draft. Spyder(Snyder) sucked so I basically took the sleepers in the draft preview, and who Todd McShay would talk about. Needless to say I got some really good prospects, I am currently 9-5 and blowing teams out left and right. I have actually improved Spyder to give him the small and middle school insider. Which are great helps. The dilemma, is, should I fire him? Every time English and this draft class does something great, he gets a ton of points. I should be able to get the big school insider and the next one for him next year. He sucks at signing contracts. Everyone wants incentives and it's hard to bargain down. But I want to build through the draft.

If I get a new GM, he won't get bonus points for great games these guys have, will he? So, I think it's almost worth it to keep the current GM. Because in a year or two he will have a ton of special skills.

Thoughts?

It all depends who's available. At 9-5 you seem a good bet at making the playoffs, and most of the good GMs will be gone before the playoffs are over. Very rarely a team will let a good GM go after they lose in the playoffs, but you can't count on it. It really doesn't take a GM with a winning team long to get points, it just depends on how you do in the playoffs.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

I only replace GM's if they only have 2-3 potential in several skills, which I assume Snyder has.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

I have done the same with the Bears before, I have stuck with a low GM and u won't get alot of IW or the ability to scout alot at all star game and combine, but with all the special skills unlocked then it shouldn't really matter much... The negoation is a major deal though so if u get a new one then that will help some, but some players are just greedy like that...

Btw, I have also had Savage the Browns starting GM, and he has low negoation at 2, but his trade was a 4 and I did pretty good, but then again I kept my team young and hardly ever resigned anybody... But, then again I was also in the English path and that one is so stacked that u can pretty much ever year add superstars at almost ever position... (Rookies, 90% of the time always take offer 1)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »