Home

Wat is your house rules and how do you play the game, here is mine.

This is a discussion on Wat is your house rules and how do you play the game, here is mine. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Wat is your house rules and how do you play the game, here is mine.

If you have any pointers let me know.

I call all offensive plays

I supersim all defensive plays.

I never run QB up middle dive, its a for sure 3-6 yard game every time.

I dont run FB up middle dive on the goalline or 3rd or 4th and short. easy 2 yard gain everytime.

I watch every special teams play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Wat is your house rules and how do you play the game, here is mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbktimf24
If you have any pointers let me know.

I supersim all defensive plays.

I never run QB up middle dive, its a for sure 3-6 yard game every time.

I dont run FB up middle dive on the goalline or 3rd or 4th and short. easy 2 yard gain everytime.

I watch every special teams play
Not really, I've got a number of 4th & goal/inches failed on those plays.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

Delegate but watch all defensive plays

Take it easy with free agents. I see franchise reports all the time where people sign 4 or 5 90+ ovr players in one offseason, I think that is completely ridiculous and makes the game WAY to easy. I will only sign a 90+ if I have a huge need and it seems realistic

I try not to get to many draft steals when I'm replaying a class. Again I see guys all the time who draft players like Callais Cambell(sp?), Steltz, Bake, LeRon James, the the Guard brothers and Jamarion Bellows every time. The fun for me is finding guys like these for the first time, it feels prettly lame to draft LeRon James for the 3rd time knowing he's a god.

I only use IW's on potential 1st round picks. This is just so I really never KNOW weather a guy is a steal until I actually have him signed. This has really screwed me several times when I make big trades to get guys who end up being garbage, and that's a good thing to me.

I never get the GM special skills that unlock all the comparisons. This is just to keep scouting interesting and allow for surprise steals/busts.

I never trade for anyone unless the cpu offers me the player from the clipboard. Just cause the trades in this game can be really ridiculous.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I call every play. Sometimes I will take the coordinators recommendation, but rarely. I use alot of play-action passes to set up my run game. I have slightly tweaked the sliders dealing with the running game, but all of the others are on default. I think they are like 65 RBA and 57 RBL.

I dont use any individual workouts. I however spend hours going over draft data. I dont get any of the insider skills for my gm.

I try to keep at least 15 million in cap room. Guess I like to know I have the money if I need it (just signed a player to a 7 yr 86 mil deal with a 40 mil bonus and still have 50 mil in cap room)

As far as FA goes...I will sign maybe 1 or 2 per year. But I try to build through the draft.

It is easy to jack the game up to where every game is a piece of cake...so I try to keep it challenging (just ask my wife about how I get frustrated some times )

I really enjoy this game though and am constantly looking for ways to make it more enjoyable
Old 02-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

I only run created plays, but if a play is too good (Cheese), I'll remove it.
Also I don't do trades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #6
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What are your house rules and how do you play the game, here are mine.

These are some rules I've found out to be pretty realistic (and fun):

1. Don't use the regular sliders. There are bunch you can find here that are more realistic.
2. No regular season scouting. Only use IW's on 1st/2nd rounders.
3. Don't draft all the super sleepers in the drafts. I'd try not to get any.
4. Don't redo the 2008 draft.
5. Pick offense or defense, only put points into those skills/special skills, then only call the plays on that side of the ball. This one I sometimes ignore after a few years in the league.
6. Only trade through use of the trade block (outside of the draft of course).
7. Only 1 90+ OVA guy in FA, 1 85-90 OVA guy in FA and 2 80-85 OVA guys in FA. Below 80 you can sign any number.
8. You can fire the coaching staff once (since you didn't come in with them), but after your 1st year, you can only get rid of guys if the GM wants you to fire them.
9. With contract negotiations, you can negotiate, but you want to come to an agreement at the middle (don't just pick option 1 until they sign), unless they agree before that.
10. Play to realistic NFL play. Don't go for it on 4th and 2+, rarley use trick plays, ect.

I think these make sense, there may be a few that I missed.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What are your house rules and how do you play the game, here are mine.

You're rule number 10 I feel is something that can be "bent". In the NFL, there are some extreme conservative teams, and then there are the extreme aggressive teams. And sometimes it depends on the game. Perfect example is the Saints in this years Super Bowl. First time an onside kick has ever been attempted in a quarter that wasn't the fourth!!! I also think I remember seeing them run a reverse at some point in the game... Go back a few years before that to the Steelers and the the Seahawks and you have Antwan Randal El (a WR who I think played QB in either College or High School) catching a screen pass and then setting up and making a deep pass in the Super Bowl!!

But on the whole, I agree. Even the aggressive coaches don't call every drive with a 4 down territory philosophy.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Randel El was the QB at Indiana University. He was a "running qb" before they became so popular.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »