Home

Season goals?

This is a discussion on Season goals? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Season goals?

My season goals for this new season are pretty rough compared to last time I played as the Dolphins.
I had a stacked team in the English path and never had make top 10 defense( was #1 3 straight seasons ). What I have for talent year 2 of Jones isn't close to what I had before.
He wants me to make the playoffs, not anything that hard, but last time I won the superbowl and he still said finish below .500 was his expectation. I don't think he expected playoffs until I had been 2 3 superbowls and had one my 2nd straight.

Well my questions is has anybody noticed is goals become harder or easier based on the owner approval?

I gutted my staff and took a big hit withthe owner he wanted to keep everyone.
So I am thinking one of 2 things: goals are tougher and have more since he has a lower approval for me or because my staff is better than in my previous career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Season goals?

I think it's a combination of 2 things-team talent level and coaching staff. I think the game looks at the overall of your players when it makes the goals up. For example, 1 year I had Woodson-92 overall QB and I received be #1 offense. The next year I started with Riley at an 82 overall and I was asked to be in the top 10 offense. The more talent on your team, the higher the expectations.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

That makes sense, but previous career my team had nothing worse than an 86 in any position but MLB that may have been 83 or 84 for one of them.
My goals were much lower, but the coache's were not as good, and my owner approval was very high.

Currently I have many players in the high 70's or very low 80's in many spots. Many have potentials in the upper 80's or low 90's though. In a season or 2 the team should be very strong, and those goals should be fairly easy. Find out how I do for this year.

The other change is my playbooks are stonger than last career too.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't think owner approval has anything to do with it, at least not in my experiences.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm pretty sure it's based on success plus talent level. I had a career in which I was 10+ years through, constantly getting to the Super Bowl or Conference Championship. For a few years, my owner wanted me to win the SB, finish #1 in O and D and win a load of awards. My team was one of the best, and I think I had at least 15 players at 90+ overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »