Home

just picked up the game, few questions

This is a discussion on just picked up the game, few questions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #33
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: just picked up the game, few questions

LordTC, I have used the 3-4 extensivley, but In this game and Madden I have had more sucess out of using a 4-3 alingment more than anything... I will still throw in a few 3-4 plays ever now and then and hope for the best...

As for ur three questions I can only tell u to and some more, because from what I have seen u can't tell ur players what gap to control or what type of moves to use... Now I have had Elvis Dummervil playing at end and like 90% of the time he will use his finesse to get around and get sacks, but with his block shed being low if he gets caught then u might as well and write him off... I will only use guys like him in passing sitiuation and I will try to find guys like Terrell Suggs that has good finesse and power moves to boot... Mario Williams and Calias Campbell moved inside to play DT is a soild move because they also like Suggs has high finesse and power...

But, otherwise from my experince I have not been able to do any of those things and u may need to look at someone else to give u any of the answers u seek...

I apoligize for not being able to sucessfully answer ur questions...
Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
Interesting

I hadn't thought about moving Calais Campbell inside, I was routinely drafting him as a 4th DE. Moving Williams inside might be interesting too.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Interesting

I always move Campbell Inside because you can usually get pretty decent DEs if you trade for them in ur first year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #36
Rookie

How good is Campbell at DE?

I generally have something like:

Haynesworth, Wilfork at DT for the 3-4 scheme, but for a 4-3 Wilfork is bad, and Haynesworth is not phenomenal.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTC
How good is Campbell at DE?

Haynesworth, Wilfork at DT for the 3-4 scheme, but for a 4-3 Wilfork is bad, and Haynesworth is not phenomenal.
When Campbell is fully developed he's usually get 10-20 sacks a season, make the Pro Bowl each year, and occasionally win Defensive Player of the Year. He's a very good DE, and worth every penny you re-sign him for.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #38
Rookie

Oops.

I meant to say how good is Campbell at DT!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #39
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTC
How good is Campbell at DT?

Well, at first he does have low block shedding skill, but once he devolps he will fit very nicely in a one gap/ pass penatrator role at defensive tackle... He and Mario have great size at 6'7 and 290 lbs and they can get a very good inside push against interior lineman... I have had them along with Okyoe rotating inside and was able to with Suggs at LE and UNLV at RE with Dummervil rotating outside and was able to apply constant pressure to many teams with the Texans and their no blitz playbook...

Personaly, even though he has a superstar personaltiy he is very interchangable along a 4-3 line and that is what I truly covet more than anything in my players... But, DO NOT use him as a 3-4 defensive tackle as I havn't had any sucess with him there... No as for Wilfork or Hampton they are very good there and sometimes Haynesworth can get the job done, but not for the money he asks for personaly...

Btw, an very soild nose tackle that I personaly love is Kelly Gregg, even though he is supposed to be injury prone with a rating in the 70's I have had him numerous times and he has performed very good for me... But, yeah Wilfork just dosen't really excel in the 4-3, but u can have him at number two and he will just basically play the run for u... But, now if u have a multi look defense using both the 3-4 and 4-3 then I would use Wilfork mainly in the 3-4 and Haynesworth and another pretty decent 08' rookie in the other spot...
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #40
Rookie

Rotations and Tiring out the Opposition

What type of players are best at tiring out opposing OL and is it easy to rotate them?

Does rotating 3 work very well, or is rotating 4 the way to go if you have the roster for it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »