Home

Draft & Scouting Sheet

This is a discussion on Draft & Scouting Sheet within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Draft & Scouting Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidhope
I just tried this yesterday and it can work...Dexter Jackson is a nice guy to target in the right system, he is a 91 quick route runner...and a commander. I think that's one of the few commander types to come out in the WR spot that early.
Unless u are a commander, captin, or titan personaltiy urself then they are shrewd negotitaors and can become headaches in contract talks... I always chose Guru and try to find players that are either Gurus, loyalist, traditionalist, and even virtruso as those all will cave and be willing to take paycuts... Rice is also a commander and he has been a little bit of a pain, but not as bad as some guys like McFadden is, and he is a constant tuff little producer... Not saying he is the best, just because I am a Ravens fan...
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidhope
I think a good constraint to place on yourself in the game would be to only go after high quality people. Don't draft or sign any promoters, headliners, superstars or lone wolfs.
I'd add titans and virtuoso to your list. If a player has one of these personalities I can't draft him. If one ends up on my team, I can't resign them but I can keep them through their contract.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

I don't see y u guys r all worried about drafting the right personality types. Just get the best players you can and Pay Da Man. You can offord to overpay for superstars because you can fillout the rest of your roster for less than 1 mil a year each. The only problom is when those guys complain but they are usually expendable. You can never overpay for great players the only problom is when you overpay for good players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHound
I'd add titans and virtuoso to your list. If a player has one of these personalities I can't draft him. If one ends up on my team, I can't resign them but I can keep them through their contract.
What's wrong with virtuoso's they don't seem like a bad personaltiy to me, but I do see the other 5 being consdiered negative personalties...
Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigtoe
I don't see y u guys r all worried about drafting the right personality types. Just get the best players you can and Pay Da Man. You can offord to overpay for superstars because you can fillout the rest of your roster for less than 1 mil a year each. The only problom is when those guys complain but they are usually expendable. You can never overpay for great players the only problom is when you overpay for good players.
No one is worried, it's just a constraint you can put on yourself because it can be easy to build a stud team
Old 03-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

I don't put restrictions on myself. I just increase the sliders for the CPU a little bit to make the game harder
Old 11-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Excellent sheet, I'm using it on the computer and extending the graph to accommodate every draft-eligible player. Throughout scouting, I can delete the players as I want/add notes to specific ones, etc. It takes a long time (trust me, I'm still doing it and I started a while ago), but I know it'll be well worth it. makes the game much more fun that way than looking at draft guides, because you really feel like you're playing the game the way it's meant to be played and using your skills.
Right now I'm finishing up the list of players organized by position, all players having school too but nothing else, leaving you to do the scouting. Anybody interested in having it uploaded?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by risewithus56
Excellent sheet, I'm using it on the computer and extending the graph to accommodate every draft-eligible player. Throughout scouting, I can delete the players as I want/add notes to specific ones, etc. It takes a long time (trust me, I'm still doing it and I started a while ago), but I know it'll be well worth it. makes the game much more fun that way than looking at draft guides, because you really feel like you're playing the game the way it's meant to be played and using your skills.
Right now I'm finishing up the list of players organized by position, all players having school too but nothing else, leaving you to do the scouting. Anybody interested in having it uploaded?
Yes. But few have been uploaded for each path (but mostly early years) search the forum and post to the discussion of that draft path. Building it in Excel is great, btw.

Also, I recommend adding a column for learning. If a player has a potential of 94 but a learning of 45 they will NEVER reach their potential. Shoot for a learning of 80.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »