Home

Draft & Scouting Sheet

This is a discussion on Draft & Scouting Sheet within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Draft & Scouting Sheet

Hey fellas,

I developed a spread sheet of sorts a while back that I use while scouting players. I print the sheet out and put it on a clipboard and use it as my draft board of sorts. Below is a blank for you to use and a filled out version to use an example.

Downloadable xls file for Excel or Numbers. I suggest using this so that you can change the doc around to your liking if need be.

http://www.mediafire.com/?twm0yitjmym

If you have any questions just hit me up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Draft & Scouting Sheet

Nice work, I just have a spiral notepad I use, but I don't keep track of who I looked in prodays, I look at % scouted usually and what I have unlocked as I go.

Although marking that would save me time.

Last edited by scorp; 11-11-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I have an excel spreadsheet where I've got my FA/Draft targets and then the entire draft itself. I rank the players I'm interested in by position, and write all their relevant positives/negatives, comparisons, potentials, etc.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #4
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks, that will make it eaiser then just jotting it all down in my notebooks, It will be more neat and organized than what I have now...
Old 03-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think a good constraint to place on yourself in the game would be to only go after high quality people. Don't draft or sign any promoters, headliners, superstars or lone wolfs. Not sure if there are any overly negative personality types you can also throw in there, but I've been considering that constraint for the next dynasty I'll attempt with KC. It really can limit your options, because some of the best players in the game are super stars, but in real life they can be a drag to deal with, and the very best organizations won't go after them or put up with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG5516
I developed a spread sheet of sorts a while back that I use while scouting players. I print the sheet out and put it on a clipboard and use it as my draft board of sorts. Below is a blank for you to use and a filled out version to use an example.
I'm glad I'm not the only dork like this that exists.

Thank you for the addition. It'll certainly be used.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidhope
I think a good constraint to place on yourself in the game would be to only go after high quality people. Don't draft or sign any promoters, headliners, superstars or lone wolfs. Not sure if there are any overly negative personality types you can also throw in there, but I've been considering that constraint for the next dynasty I'll attempt with KC. It really can limit your options, because some of the best players in the game are super stars, but in real life they can be a drag to deal with, and the very best organizations won't go after them or put up with them.
That is what I like to try and do, but yeah It does take away a lot of talent, but then it does leave some real good ones behind also... My favorite two players in the 08 draft is HB- Ray Rice and WR- Earl Bennet and neither is any of those personaltiys, I can sign them to extend long term reasonable contracts to help bolster my team for years to come...
Old 03-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385
That is what I like to try and do, but yeah It does take away a lot of talent, but then it does leave some real good ones behind also... My favorite two players in the 08 draft is HB- Ray Rice and WR- Earl Bennet and neither is any of those personaltiys, I can sign them to extend long term reasonable contracts to help bolster my team for years to come...

I just tried this yesterday and it can work...Dexter Jackson is a nice guy to target in the right system, he is a 91 quick route runner...and a commander. I think that's one of the few commander types to come out in the WR spot that early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »