Home

Who should I draft?

This is a discussion on Who should I draft? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Who should I draft?

In my upcoming draft, I've got an interesting choice between two running backs for one of my 2nd round picks. They are HB Parrish Okung and HB Tim Mustard. Who should I draft?

Parrish Okung: +++Elusiveness, ++Football IQ, +Ball Security, ---Learning, --Height, -Pass Block, Warrick Dunn comp, 93 Physical, 91 Durability, 68 Size, 45 Learning, 96 Production, 76 Intangibles, 86 BCV, 95 ELU, 79 AWR, 65 TRK, 65 STR, 94 SPD, 93 ACL, 85 POT (balanced)

Tim Mustard: +++Versatility, ++Size, +Vision, ---Measurables, --Route Running, -Juke Move, Brian Leonard comp, 84 Physical, 92 Durability, 94 Size, 50 LEarning, 87 Production, 79 Intangibles, 87 BCV, 84 ELU, 77 AWR, 80 TRK, 75 STR, 86 SPD, 85 ACL, 87 POT.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Who should I draft?

Learning is low on both, what offense are you running.

As a RB for rushing Mustard has better higher trucking and intagables so should be better, unless his carry is low then he will fumble more often.

West cost then Okung may work out better if he has higher catch.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Both backs could potentially be good. I would look at what you think you need more. Is it a home run hitter or a consistent every down back? Do you run mainly up the middle or to the outside? How often do you get your backs into space?

Because they both have low learning, they will be considerably less dominating force their first(or even several years) in the league.

Personally, I would go with Okung and pick up a RB with 90+ truck for the short yardage/endzone situations. Okung has the speed and quickness to make those big plays that "break" defenses. Mustard just seems like he is an above average balanced back without anything at an elite level with lack luster speed. As I said before I would rather grab someone who was similar speed but has 90+ truck because he would be more effective.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

I thought there was a Willis McGahee clone that was better than those 2 in that draft.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
I thought there was a Willis McGahee clone that was better than those 2 in that draft.
There is, I haven't scouted him that much, but I may end up getting him too. As for my offense, I mix in a lot of wishbone/flexbone along with 'normal' running plays. I run both inside and outside, so both could potentially fit. Neither one would be asked to be a workhorse, as I run a multiple-back system, including HB Antonio Usher, a reclamation project who has a lot of potential.

Follow the second link in my sig and you'll see who I select!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

One thing to look at would be what the potential on their learning, elusiveness, trucking, and vision ratings are. These are all ratings that can increase quite a bit. You can find that information by going to the team roadmap and clicking on the player with the right stick bringing up their player card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »