Home

Who would you rather have 1st year.

This is a discussion on Who would you rather have 1st year. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Who would you rather have 1st year.

I was curious who you guys perfer at each postion. For example Brian Brohm, Josh Johnson, or Andre Woodson. Or Felix Jones Vs rashawd Mendanhall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Who would you rather have 1st year.

Mendenhall because he is going to stay healthy longer, and Brohm because he win you the most games the first year, Woodson is going to take a while to develop, and Johnson is a scrambler, and depending on your line, you might want to start him.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Mendenhall has a bad case of fumbilitis but Jones has durability issues. I would choose Ray Rice. My favorite back I have ever drafted but that isn't saying much because the highest I have ever drafted a back is late first for Ozzie Jones.

Out of those QBs I would take Brohm. I've had the most success with him. Johnson was always horrible for me.

WRs I would rather have Manningham than anyone else. He is always one of the main targets of my receiving core.

DEs I would choose Calais Campbell. He is part of my unfinished D-Line of Awesome on my Bears Dynasty. Him and Xavier Cox (A high POT DE. If I remember correctly he is 6'7" with 97 speed) are my ends and Patrick Lopez and Athya Rubin are my DTs. I am averaging 8 sacks over my last 3 games.

DTs I would take Athya Rubin. Dre Moore has a bad attitude and I have never gotten much out of him.

OLB I like Keith Rivers. Awesome Playmaker that was the cornerstone of some of my early defenses.

SS I like Craig Steltz. He is a playmaker in my D.

Last edited by cloudedskate; 03-26-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i like earl bennet at WR better than anyone else. he doesnt have the highest potential but he produces crazy numbers
Old 03-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Of the 2008 draftees, in order:

QB: Woodson, Brohm, Johnson. The Packers coaching staff probably makes Andre perform better than he deserves, but he put up studly numbers in my recent franchise's first year. Brohm would be next, as the most pro-ready of the other draftees. I'd only take Josh Johnson as a backup/compliment to VY on the Titans, or if I were planning to run that scheme.

HB: Ray Rice. Trucking seems to trump elusiveness in this game, and Ray is a short little trucker.

WR: Tossup. Bennett, Doucet and Manningham all have their strengths and weaknesses.

TE: It's a pretty weak class, especially if you want competent blocking to go with your receiving skills. Don't try to find a first-year playmaker here: Jermichael Finley is a prospect, not a pro, in year one.

O-Line: Some good candidates, especially on the left side. I made Branden Albert into a LT in this go-round, and he did pretty well for himself as a 15th(?)-overall pick. For a young starter at RT look for John Greco in the 3rd - the higher-round RTs are all overrated.

D-line: Calais Campbell is good with the potential to be better. So is Dre Moore - just don't expect to hold on to either of them permanently. They've got a high knucklehead factor. Athya Rubin is a steal as a run-stopper in the later rounds.

LB: Lots of talent here. Xavier Adibi is fast but a little fragile; Philip Wheeler is one of a couple later-round MLBs. If you're in position to draft Keith Rivers, by all means do so: his potential is sky-high.

DBs: A mixed bag. Good CBs are rare-to-nonexistent: check out Patrick Lee, Zack Bowman and Jack Ikegwuonu if you play press-man like I do. None of them are in any way stellar talents, but passable as nickel or dime backs. SS Kenny Phillips is the game's first ballhawk at SS; he notched maybe 15 picks his rookie year for me lately. I can't think of any FS worth noting - an awful class at that position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

DE: Calais Campbell is absolutely insane. He's an Osi Clone (USE type) and has a highest overall as an underrated speed rusher, but he's still an 89 overall as a 3-4 DE, which makes him obviously insane.

OLB: Rivers -> This guy falls to about 12th for me a lot, and he's about as good in my blitzing schemes as either Merriman or Ware (With much better coverage skills).

DT: No Greats -> I'm not really excited by any of the DT's in this class, Dorsey gets injured too much, Ellis is overrated, Moore has attitude problems.

MLB: No Greats -> The best of the lot for blitzing schemes is gooden at 87 OVR, and that just doesn't cut it.

FS: No Greats -> Depending on your scheme you can find some fillers, but no HoFers here.

SS: Kenny Phillips, Not close -> If you time you trade ups/downs wisely and try and keep teams who need a SS from picking late in the 1st he'll slip into the 2nd round, and he's probably the best player in the NFL at the position once he develops (which happens quickly).

CB: Mike Jenkins -> He's a 91 OVR Man Coverage corner, which is saying something for this rather weak class of CB's.

OL: Mainly the late round sleepers, some of the 5th-7th rounders are 88 OVR in pass-blocking schemes.

WR: Lots of them. I like DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Dexter Jackson, and Early Doucet in this class.

TE: Finley is a fine project in the 3rd round, Peterson is a decent 7th or later pick. Or convert a WR for favorable matchups!

FB: Convert someone.

HB: Convert one of the elusive speedy recievers with decent carry skills into a speed back in all honesty. I run such a pass heavy system that I'd rather have a guy who completely mismatches on a linebacker than any of the backs in the raft.

QB: I don't really like any of the QB's in the class as a long term solution. For a backup/project to build trade value I like Woodson best, as you can get him as a 5th rounder (sometimes later), and trade him a few years down the line for a huge premium.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I personally like Andre woodson. He when fully devolped is better than Brohm. I hate Josh Johnson I had him once but he couldn't throw so I had to sub in backups to throw. If I want a scrambling QB I always trade for vince young. For halfback I like Ray rice though Felix jones isn't bad. When I had mendenhall whenever I gave him the ball I had to pray he didn't fumble and u just can't have that. If you give him 20+ carries a game he's garenteed to fumble twice, not good. For WR manningham is unstopable when devolped but has bad hands for the first season. Desan Jackson is the most devolped right away. I also like to pick up Calias Campbell and Plug him in anywhere on the D line
Old 04-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

I managed to develop Josh Johnson. I win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »