Home

Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: New to game

would the 2 LB's be middle or just your best? and what position philosophies are the best for 4-2-5 i've always thought about using that one
Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

You have one middle and one rolb. You also have 2 SS who play in the box. DT - I gap penetrator. DE- undersized pass rusher. MLB - power Blitzer. OLB- run stopper. CB man coverage. FS- centerfider. SS- big hitter/ run support
Old 04-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigtoe
Best defense is 4-2-5 but it is more like a 4-4 there's this nearly unstopable play called middle blots where both backers blitz a gap. You really don't need 2 saefties in this game
Naw. It's the 3-3-5 for me. There's more run stop support up the middle. Also, you can design better zone defenses to stop your opponent's "up the middle" passing game. Set you MLB back a couple yards, have him QB spy on the strong side, and bring the extra safety up, parallel to the MLB for weakside spy work. Regardless, the CPU always tries to pass up the middle, so shut it down, and you you have a better chance of beating the "3rd and long automatic first down CPU cheat".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6

I do like the concept of esentially having 3 lineman and 5 backers and I bet it has lots of flexibility but I haven't really tried it that much and I had more success with the 4-2-5 because it has all the benefits of the 4-3 And 3-4 at once and usually your pressure from the front 8 means the 3 D Backs can usually cover long enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »