Home

49ers dynasty

This is a discussion on 49ers dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
49ers dynasty

The 49ers are the toughest team to rebuild in my opinion on this game so I decided I should try rebuilding them.

These are going to be my philosophies
QB Field General Philosophy
RB Speed RB
FB Blocking FB
WR Speed WR
TE Playmaker TE
OT Pass Blocking Philosophy
G Run Blocking Philosophy
C Run Blocking Philosophy
DE 3-4 DE
DT 3-4 DT
OLB Pass Rusher/3-4 Blitzer OLB
MLB 3-4 Tackler/MLB
CB Man Coverage
SS Coverage SS
FS Centerfielder FS
K Pinpoint Accuracy Philosophy
P Big Foot Distance Punter Philosophy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 49ers dynasty

Key free agents the 49ers picked up heading into the draft.

LG Alan Faneca
RT Jordan Gross
Old 05-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

you should post this in the coaching dynasty forums
Old 05-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Rookie

I'll post each first round pick my thoughts on the pick then just breakdown the rest of the 49ers picks. And the picks the experts break down later on draft day.

2008 NFL Draft
Round 1

Pick 1
Miami Dolphins select Matt Ryan QB Boston College The Dolphins take Ryan with the top pick in the 2008 NFL Draft here and are looking to rebuild in the long run.

Pick 2
St. Louis Rams select Derrick Harvey LE Florida I don't understand this pick Chris Long was still available.

Pick 3
Atlanta Falcons trade pick to Baltimore Ravens Baltimore Ravens select Chris Long DE Virginia I thought the Ravens would get a Jake Long type player to succeed Jonathan Odgen when he reitres. Still pretty good pick here.

Pick 4
Oakland Raiders select Sedrick Ellis DT USC Seriously the Raiders passed on McFadden and Long for him.

Pick 5
Kansas City Chiefs select Jake Long LT Michigan The Chiefs just landed a huge steal here. They might challenge the Chargers if they can adress their quarterback situation later in the draft.

Pick 6
New York Jets select Vernon Gholston ROLB Ohio State A potential bust. Poor pick by the Jets.

Pick 7
New England Patriots from San Francisco 49ers select Leodis McKelvin CB Troy The Patriots needed to draft a cornerback good selection here.

Pick 8
Atlanta Falcons from Baltimore Ravens Joe Flacco QB Delaware The Falcons are sold on Flacco most draft experts aren't.

Pick 9
Cincinnati Bengals select Glenn Dorsey DT LSU Major Steal. The Bengals adressed a key need and took the best defensive player available.

Pick 10
New Orleans Saints trade pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Darren McFadden RB Arkansas The Bucs trade up to draft the best player available. This was a good selection by the Buccaneers.

Pick 11
Buffalo Bills trade pick to the New England Patriots New England Patriots select Keith Rivers ROLB USC The Patriots address another key need and take the best player available.

Pick 12
Denver Broncos select Jerod Mayo LOLB Tennesssee I'm a bit skeptical on this pick, but the Broncos managed to adress a key need here. I'm curious to see how this boom or bust situation plays out in Denver.

Pick 13
Carolina Panthers select Ryan Clady LT Boise State After losing Jordan Gross to the 49ers the Panthers needed a leader at offensive tackle. They finally got their leader in Clady.

Pick 14
Chicago Bears select Branden Albert LG Virginia I don't understand this pick. Albert is a talented player, but the Bears need a left tackle. I'm skeptical on this pick, but the Bears adressed their offensive line.

Pick 15
Detroit Lions select Dominique Rodgers Cromartie CB Tennessee State The Lions needed a shutdown corner and believe they made the right selection here. I believe this is a boom or bust player due to his low potential.

Pick 16
Arizona Cardinals select Chris Williams LT Vanderbilt The Cardinals had other needs that were bigger, but I can't question this pick. Williams provides great potential and value for the Cardinals with this pick here.

Pick 17
Kansas City Chiefs from Minnesota Vikings Felix Jones RB Arkansas Wow I'm stunned by this pick. I guess the Chiefs have given up on Larry Johnson.

Pick 18
Houston Texans select Jeff Otah RT Pittsburgh It's official the Texans are giving up on the development of Eric Winston why else would they take a left tackle this early.

Pick 19
Philadelphia Eagles trade this pick to the Carolina Panthers The Carolina Panthers select Mike Jenkins CB South Florida. The Panthers are already set at corner. I really don't understand this pick. Jenkins is a talented player, but this is simply a foolish pick here.

Pick 20
New Orleans Saints from Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Aqib Talib CB Kansas The Saints finally drafted a cornerback that they desperatly needed. Good pick by the Saints.

Pick 21
Washington Redskins trade the 21st pick to the Seattle Seahawks and get the Seahawks 25th pick. The Seattle Seahawks select Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois The Seahawks needed a runningback and this is an absolute steal here.

Pick 22
Dallas Cowboys from Cleveland Browns select Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina The Cowboys have key needs at cornerback, runningback, and wide receiver to fill. I think this pick will haunt them 3 years down the road.

Pick 23
Pittsburgh Steelers select Gosder Cherillus RT Boston College Cherillus is great when inserted into a run blocking philosophy and bust when inserted into a pass blocking philosophy. The Steelers have a run blocking philosophy with all of their lineman so this is the best place Cherillus could have ended up.

Pick 24
Tennessee Titans select Lawrence Jackson LE USC The Titans need someone to replace Jevon Kearse who left the team for free agency in the offseason. Okay pick by the Titans.

Pick 25
Washington Redskins from Seattle Seahawks select Antoine Cason CB Arizona I really don't get this pick. The Redskins have a solid secondary. I guess their taking the best player available on their draft board for stability.

Pick 26
Jacksonville Jaguars select Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech This is just a major reach here. I know the Jaguars need a corner to compliment Mathis, but they should have traded up to get a corner if they wanted one that badly.

Pick 27
San Diego Chargers trade the 27th pick to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Philadelphia Eagles select Sam Baker LT USC McNabb has an upgrade at blindside so I can see why the Eagles would trade up. Nice job Eagles. Plus they probably gave up Carolina's first rounder next year to the Chargers so they had nothing to lose and everything to gain by making this move here.

Pick 28
Dallas Cowboys select Chris Johnson RB East Carolina With Barber possibly gone Chris Johnson is a suitable pick here.

Pick 29
San Francisco 49ers from Indianapolis Colts select DeSean Jackson WR California Wow a 2nd round prospect going here. I'm slightly shocked, but not surprised a boom or bust pick by the 49ers.

Pick 30
Green Bay Packers select Duane Brown LT Virginia Tech A potential successor to Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher. This is a boom or bust project who should be a solid starter in Green Bay when his time comes.

Pick 31
New York Giants select Tracy Porter CB Indiana Another major reach in the first round. This is another boom or bust pick by the Giants.

Pick 32
Miami Dolphins trade the 32nd pick to the New Orleans Saints. The New Orleans Saints select Jordy Nelson WR Kansas State. This is a slight reach, but the Saints felt it was necessary to get Brees another receiver.

Round 2 49ers pick and Steals

Pick 39
San Francisco 49ers select Brian Brohm QB Louisville The 49ers aren't sold on Smith and new regimes mean new quarterbacks. Expect Brohm to compete for the starting job in San Francisco.

Pick 55
Baltimore Ravens select Ray Rice RB Rutgers The Ravens want a complimentary back and they drafted one in Ray Rice here.

Round 3 49ers pick and Steals

Pick 70
Chicago Bears select Dennis Dixon many people had Dixon off their draft boards at pick 65. The fact that he fell to 70 makes him a slight steal. Dixon has limited potential and will be a boom or bust project in Chicago.

Pick 75
San Francisco 49ers select Jaamal Charles RB Texas Charles should be the lightning to Frank Gore's thunder for the 49ers for years to come.

Pick 90
Chicago Bears select Tom Zbikowski SS Notre Dame The Bears need a safety and while most scouts are high on Zbikowski he is a boom or bust prospect. It won't hurt to take a chance on him here.

Pick 97 Miami Dolphins select Andre Woodson QB Kentucky The Dolphins are drafting a developmental quarterback in case Matt Ryan busts. Odds are he won't.

Round 4
San Francisco 49ers select Jeremy Thompson RE Wake Forest. The 49ers need a right end so this pick could pan out. A boom or bust pick for the 49ers here.

Round 5
San Francisco 49ers select Beau Bell MLB UNLV The 49ers needed a 4th Middle linebacker for depth and decided to fill their roster up here.

Round 7
San Francisco 49ers select Mario Urretia WR Louisville The 49ers want a 2nd wide receiver they can develop in case Jackson doesn't pan out plus one of Brohm's go to guys from college will team up with him here. Solid pick.

Undrafted players
Alexis Serna K Oregon State
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41
you should post this in the coaching dynasty forums
Where is that milkman41 if I knew where it was I'd post it there. Help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #6
Rookie

49ers trade 2008 6th rounder for two Bucs 7th rounders and trade for Darren Howard giving up a 2010 third rounder and a 2009 6th round pick.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan4life
Where is that milkman41 if I knew where it was I'd post it there. Help would be appreciated.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ing-dynasties/
Old 05-17-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I love Singletary very much, and I believe that under his leading, the 49ers are possible to be one of the most strongest teams just as the past in NFL history!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »