Home

Chase Saturday or Andre Woodson

This is a discussion on Chase Saturday or Andre Woodson within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Chase Saturday or Andre Woodson

If you do not want have any information about the drafts then this is perhaps the wrong thread for you.

So i'm in my thrid year of the Sweetney draft. I've won three straight superbowls with andre woodson as my QB as the bears. I'm currently in the middle of the second round in the draft and Chase Saturday whos a beast at qb is still available. Should i trade up to get him? My next pick is late in the third round.

Of course if i pick him up I then i have to make the decision about whether to sit Chase Saturday or Andre Woodson. My first instinct was to not draft Chase Saturday since i wanted to stick with andre Woodson after all hes won me three super bowls. But the fact that Saturday is still avaiable is eating away at me.

So in conclusion should i draft Saturday. Should i then sit/trade woodson? (Note that woodson has a 1 year contract right now and i tried shopping him around and no one was offering a first round pick even though woodson is rated at a 93.) Should i pick up saturday just so the ai can't use the beast agiasnt me? Does anyone know what Saturday's overall is right after hes drafted (using field commander)? Perhaps i could pick up saturday and immediatly trade him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Chase Saturday or Andre Woodson

I am always a fan of the idea of aquiring more talent at any position and of improving my team. There are 2 ways to look at this, the real life answer and the game answer so I will give my opinion on both.

In real life you have a probably 25 or so year old QB in andre woodson who is obviously a franchise caliber qb with several years left to play. Unless there is indication that you will not be able to retain him there is really no way I could see a team really trading up into the mid second to draft a replacement QB.

In terms of the game, however, you know that saturday will become a stud, probably better than woodson but I am unsure as I have never used him. Therefore if you can make a deal to move up and get him without giving up too much then it is definitely a good idea. Seeing as woodson is capable of leading a team for the time being and seeing as saturday is not going to know the playbook I would for the 1st season, atleast until right before the trade deadline, use woodson to play mostof the games while making saturday the starter during practices and bringing him in late in the games allowing him to learn the playbook.

Woodson will want too much to make a resigning viable. Therefore to get some value out of him I would suggest trading him around the trade deadline or after the season using the franchise tag. My decision as to which of those to go with is based on other players I would need to franchise and saturday's development and learning of the playbook. If saturday is ready or if another player needs franchised then I would trade him right before the deadline. Otherwise I would use the tag and trade him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »