Home

Vernon Gholston

This is a discussion on Vernon Gholston within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Vernon Gholston

As many people know it is no secret that Vernon Gholston is a beast at DE (hes an 88 ovr for me). Now in real life Vernon Gholston is being moved from OLB to DE in real life!!!!!!! Yet another example of how nfl head coach can sometimes predict the future hahaha.

What are your thoughts on the move? Do you think he is going to be succesfull? Do any of you have any other examples of players being good at a position other than their own in the game where in real life that player ended up playing that position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Vernon Gholston

Yeah Vernon is the most rediculous guy in the game. He's a bust at OLB but star at 4-3 DE . Once I saw him at Free Agency as a 90 rated DE (the CPU moved him?) I was running a 4-2-5 so I used him both as a 89 OVR middle backer and a 90 OVR Undersized DE. I don't know how this happened, potiental increase game changer? I don't know but he's not that bad and can play D End, Rush LB, OLB, MLB and maby even saefty. He's very good in this game.
In real life as a Jets fan he's a huge bust at LB. Doubt he will succeed or will be big enough to play 3-4 end but u never know. If I were the jets I would trade him to a 4-3 team to play him at D-End if this year is another bust
Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5

He played DE in college and was going to be drafted at that if not a 3-4 team like the Jets drafted him. There are some DEs who can make the transition to rush OLB like Elvis Dumervil and there are some who cant like Aaron Kampman and Gholston. Idk how NYJ is going to use him at DE since theyre a 3-4 team but we just have to wait and find out
Old 06-02-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

I used him pretty well at 3-4 OLB if I remember right, its hard not to draft him when he has 90+ speed and strength.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

In real life, I think Gholston is WAY to small and not strong enough to be a good 34 DE. As soon as his contrat is up though, I could defiantly see him going to a 4-3 team to play DE and becoming a pretty good situational DE for 3rd down and longer downs. Outside of that though, Gholston never was to spectacular against a power run right at him, even in college he had trouble with that from time to time. Considering that, Gholston will probably never truly live up to his draft spot as an all down LB/DE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

He usually gets released in my franchises too. Hard to pass up, isn't he? Similar player I always draft is Quinten Groves.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

I think he will be fine in real life, because Rex will find a way to get the best out of him, Look at Suggs and Thomas he did exceptionly well with them... He will probably tell him to get the QB and put him in situation where he will succed...

Alot of college defensive ends get moved to OLB in the NFL and since alot of teams are transitoing to a more and more 3-4 defensive fronts then they will have a place for them...
Old 06-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Well last year Rex said he would find a place for him but failed and is now going to plan C - 3-4 end

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »