Home

I still love this game

This is a discussion on I still love this game within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: I still love this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Serious question: how many of you who want a roster editor/updated rosters have been through all 60 draft classes in the game. I think it's important, but not necessary until you have played through all the draft classes. I've only been through 7 years of Ozzie Jones, 3 of English,1 of Zazzali, and 1 of Sweetney. I've got a long way to go before I think a roster update is imperative, even with 2008 rosters. By the time you finish one of the draft paths, I seriously doubt there would be anyone left from the original roster anyway.
It would be nice if starting a new career to be able to start a year or two forward, or at least change some ratings. (Like Joe Flacco being an uber-mega bust, etc)

I've played 10.5 in Zazzali in my career, for the record. Although if I start new, I'll shoot for Sweetney, because English from what everyone says is very stacked and watching my brother do the Jones shows that it is a good deal stronger with sleepers than Zazzali.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Serious question: how many of you who want a roster editor/updated rosters have been through all 60 draft classes in the game. I think it's important, but not necessary until you have played through all the draft classes. I've only been through 7 years of Ozzie Jones, 3 of English,1 of Zazzali, and 1 of Sweetney. I've got a long way to go before I think a roster update is imperative, even with 2008 rosters. By the time you finish one of the draft paths, I seriously doubt there would be anyone left from the original roster anyway.
I have been playing since the day HC09 came out. I have never finished all 15 years of a career but that is mostly due to the fact that we cant change playbooks mid-career. I've done 10 or so years in English, Zazzalli and Sweetney. The only reason I haven't gone deep into Jones is because the fat players get ridiculous and really bother me. The reason I want an editor is for the default rosters. Guys like Deangelo Williams, Joe Flacco, Chris Johnson, Peterson, Talib, etc etc etc need rating/potential changes which would make the majority of the game (first 10 years) a lot more realistic.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
I have been playing since the day HC09 came out. I have never finished all 15 years of a career but that is mostly due to the fact that we cant change playbooks mid-career. I've done 10 or so years in English, Zazzalli and Sweetney. The only reason I haven't gone deep into Jones is because the fat players get ridiculous and really bother me. The reason I want an editor is for the default rosters. Guys like Deangelo Williams, Joe Flacco, Chris Johnson, Peterson, Talib, etc etc etc need rating/potential changes which would make the majority of the game (first 10 years) a lot more realistic.
It would be sweet if the editor could change body types and eqipment. It would be nice to use Tristian Riley and not have him look like Pat Williams.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

I'm still amazed how EA could do everything so well with this game, and then look at how far Madden has fallen. It's depressing. This game is all we will have for years, because they are too busy allocating resources for a "Old Spice! Swagger! rating" instead of franchise mode.

Maybe we'll get a Head Coach in like 2015 or something.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 9

I IM'd Flying Finn and it looks like an editor is out of the question.

This is what he said:

"Most likely not... Most EA games have additional custom resigning preventing modified game saves to load in game."

Damn you EA, I really hate EA Sports, it's like Head Coach is this huge tease!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 10

I'll never understand why companies take measures to prevent gamesave editing in video games. EA already has a good system in place to standardize online rosters so why do they care what we do offline?
NHL: LA Kings
Old 07-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

They care because sports games are really only about a roster update every year except for the occasional overhaul of the game. Releasing a game that would let players edit rosters at will would make buying the next game in the series kinda useless. I suspect that was a big reason behind the decision to stop making these games for the PC. PC games have much better editting possibilities. Sure, sales slipped on the PC for Madden, but probably a lot of that was people just using the older games and updating them.

It's always about the money. That's just the way it is with most any business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 02:28 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

I just got this game at Hollywood Video because they're closing in my city, for only .99. Ive never played this game but have been playing Madden franchises since 2000. Hope it's as fun as you guys say it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »