Home

I still love this game

This is a discussion on I still love this game within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Angry I still love this game

I just played for the first time in over a year and it is still better than Madden. Wow, I can't believe they don't integrate this stuff with Madden. The franchise mode is a billion times better and they should have everything they need to incorporate it hmmmm Josh Looman????

Seriously, it makes me almost sick to my stomach how great football games should be if not for the stupid exclusive license. Think what NFL 2K11 would be like? At least EA put out an NFL game that touched NFL25k in Headcoach but sadly they didn't give us a full effort and Josh and Donnie a second shot.

Head Coach rocks and
I <: Huckabee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I still love this game

The main problem is the licensing. EA RIGHTLY goes after a mass audience to which Head Coach may as well be ancient greek, but given this, other companies that make sims need a chance to make the games that us 1% of fans like. NFL head coach 09 remains one of the only games I play, but how long this can last without roster updates is debatable. At the very least they should have allowed the fans to make players and share rosters given that they had no intention of releasing another HC.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Agree compleatly it would be even better if could make them on the computer like NCAAs team builder only for players and u could even get it onto your game via USB or download it. I also had a great idea that EA would hire two people to maintain head coach. One would do the code and technical modifying and one would tell him what to make and be the creative brains (I would be up to that) anyway, that way they could copy madden roster updates, or modify their own if they want. They could also make more draft classes, fix bugs so on. The brains guy could even be on this forum talking to us about what changes we want them to make. I know this isn't gona happen but wouldn't that be cool.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

we need this. 09 is going to get old soon

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
MVP

I would pay $60 for a year of updates, and a program to customize Head Coach, Draft Classes, records, ect. It's a great idea to incorporate a computer program ala NFL 2k5.

I will not pay $60 for Madden 11 nor NCAA 11.

Playing last night was bitter sweet, I was reminded how much I love HC, but how extremely ticked off I am at EA for the crap they feed us every year.

The potential is so huge but EA doesn't care for gamers with brains.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes, and Head Coach is the main reason I won't be buying Madden this year. I've heard that there won't be much in the way of improvements to Madden franchise mode, which I just can't tolerate anymore seeing as how Head Coach showed they do know ways it can be improved. So they can't very well blame it on lack of ideas on how to make it better. This means they can't say it is because they don't know how, but rather they have no desire to. And if that is the case, then I don't desire to give them $60 every year.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
MVP

Icon4 Re: I still love this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmageddon28
Yes, and Head Coach is the main reason I won't be buying Madden this year. I've heard that there won't be much in the way of improvements to Madden franchise mode, which I just can't tolerate anymore seeing as how Head Coach showed they do know ways it can be improved. So they can't very well blame it on lack of ideas on how to make it better. This means they can't say it is because they don't know how, but rather they have no desire to. And if that is the case, then I don't desire to give them $60 every year.
Exactly.

There is no excuse. It's all there, just put the 2 together OR release a new Head Coach!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

In Madden's defense it did take 2 years to create Head Coach. Unfortunatly for us they put Josh on Ultimate Team instead of all of Franchise mode. Josh has earned the benefit of the doubt with what he did for Head Coach 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »