Home

The Fictional Draft Class Thread

This is a discussion on The Fictional Draft Class Thread within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
The Fictional Draft Class Thread

Okay, So I love making my own fictional Draft picks that could be used for NFL Head Coach or real life. So Here's what I'll do.

I'll showcase some players and put them in a draft pool. We'll then have 32 people represent 32 NFL Teams. the representative's Jobs: work through 7 rounds of drafting and trading picks to other teams to try to make the best possible draft team with a minimum of 7 rounds.

Here's the format:

I'll provide a biography of a certain player (e.g. Joe Nemekai). It'll list his height, weight, age, and school. I'll then provide a short biography of him. What you guys must do is(just for fun) choose who you want on your team. We'll be just simulating a draft of fictional players.

Who wants to be a representative and what team would you like to represent?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Fictional Draft Class Thread

Sounds kinda fun dude! I wish I wasn''t the only dude to respond to this. :P If we get some people goin' on this, I'm in! Baltimore Ravens, bro, sign me up! So how's it work, we just reply with our pick in order or somethin'?
Old 10-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I am willing to do this, are we going to use HC numbers and give rating for the posstion like the game does? (Eg for an OL man had run block, run block strenth run block footwork same for pass block, impact blocking etc? personality traits etc)
Old 10-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I actually started using some head coach 09 numbers with the players on NCAA Football 11 to determine player ratings for this years NFL Draft. If you want my help on this I'm in, but I want to use the real draft class. I've got quarterbacks and runningbacks in my excel sheet up.
What I did to determine a prospects potential I added these 6 qualities and divided the total number by 6 to get the potential rating.
For Example Andrew Luck QB Stanford

Physical 90 rating
Durability 94 rating
Size 99 rating
Learning 90 rating
Intangibles 93 rating
Production 94 rating

That is a total of 560 divide that by 6 you get 93.3 and yes I will round up if there is a player with an 89.5 rating.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Rookie

I'll be adam schefter for this kind of game.

I am planning on having 5 or 6 judges give the ratings on the players. I'll give the biography, and the judges will give the ratings. Team reps will then decide on what players they want to draft, and if they draft him, the judges give that team a grade. You can also trade it. Yes, we will use HC ratings, like Speed, durability, throw power, etc.

If you would like to be a judge shoot me a PM and we'll communicate through E-mail. we'll do this once or twice per year depending on how many people like it. the judges, team representatives, and I will work out a few dates to hold the draft.

Oh, and another note: If you trade draft picks for next year's draft picks, you can use next year's draft picks for the next draft that I hold.

Who's in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds a little confusing, bit I'm in.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
Rookie

What part sounds confusing?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Depending on the time of the draft count me in as the Bears. Atleast I can't do much worse than Jerry Angelo has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »