Home

English Path Advice

This is a discussion on English Path Advice within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 13
English Path Advice

I am in the first year of the English Path and I have the 1st, 9th, 14th, and 45th overall picks in the first 2 rounds. I know who the good sleepers are but who would you recommend for those four picks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: English Path Advice

Well, it kinda depends on what your needs are, but this is who I would pick...

Spoiler

Last edited by KeepGoinLeft; 09-25-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'd trade that 1st overall pick and try and get a lower first rounder that year and a first rounder the following year. That way you pick up 2 1st round picks for one. The next draft class is stacked as well, and you can get a great QB in this draft much later than English. And English is a pain to resign with his character traits.

I have no idea what your needs are, but one thing I can tell you is that man cover corners and good outside linebackers are about the hardest positions to find consistantly. WR's can be taken almost anywhere in the first few draft classes in this path, so I wouldn't go too high with reciver picks.

I'd probably limit myself to 1 or 2 picks in the first round, and only 1 high pick. There is a ton of talent in this draft in the low rounds that are as good or better than the players you draft in the first round. And they cost a lot less on their first contract. The salary cap will eat you alive with too many first round picks, especially if you do a lot of free agent signings. I recommend trading to keep costs down, and if you already have a lot of picks in this years later rounds, stock up on picks for next year. It's stacked in pretty much the same way as this one is.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

I got English and Javon Jackson with my 1st rounders.
I got Drew Goldman in the 3rd round.
I got Boma and Dexter Knox in the 4th round.
I got James and Bellows in the 5th and 6th rounds
Old 09-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

You must take Jack English if you have the cap room available. He's arguably the best player in the whole game. WAY better than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Yes, then go for Javon Jackson.
If you don't have a second or third rounder, pick Leron James. He can do everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I wouldn't say "Must" take English. I've taken him once, and on the whole, I'd rather have Dane Morrow any day of the week over English. There are a couple QB's I've taken in drafts that I liked better than English.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

it will take English to develop a few years but after his development is complete he is da best QB.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
it will take English to develop a few years but after his development is complete he is da best QB.
English is a good one, but he is certainly not the best. Out of all the draft paths...I personally would rather have Trent Stanton or Mike Zazzali in the Zazzali Draft Path. With Motivator purchased Zazzali is truly an other worldly athlete at QB. He has good speed for a QB and while Darius Pryor or Marquan Adams are faster neither of them can hold a fart next to Zazzali when it comes to smashing through D-Line's like a wrecking ball...seriously the guy is damn near impossible to be taken down when he is running upfield. He runs through guys and has a vicious stiff arm. Use him on rollouts...he'll either launch a rocket down field that is on the money or take off running and get the necessary yardage and then some.

Stanton is essentially The Jack English in the Zazzali path although his comparison is Tom Brady instead of Peyton Manning.

Cheers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »