Home

Leron James, worst 89 rated RB?

This is a discussion on Leron James, worst 89 rated RB? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Leron James, worst 89 rated RB?

I have been messing around with my Fins team until I decide if I want to try a team no one has done on here and I have Leron James as my RB. It is his 2nd year and he runs backwards more than he runs forwards!

Today...on a play he has Mastered...he ran forwards to the 47, but then ran backwards to the 42 before he was tackled. He didnt try to break a tackle...he just turned around and ran backwards!

I dont start him or he will do that the whole game, but now he does it 3 out of the 4 times he runs the ball. I have never had good success with him. I dont know why I ever draft the moron!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

BoneThrower's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Leron James, worst 89 rated RB?

That's really odd, IMO. I had James in one franchise I did and he was an absolute beast until I traded him after 5 or so years. He did fumble a few times as a rookie, but was hardly ever tackled for a loss.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThrower
That's really odd, IMO. I had James in one franchise I did and he was an absolute beast until I traded him after 5 or so years. He did fumble a few times as a rookie, but was hardly ever tackled for a loss.
I dont get it. He will have a game where he rips it up. But then he goes back to this. He keeps progressing...but he is not consistently playing well....
Old 11-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Are you sure? Because he's a beast. In his ROOKIE season he got 22 TD in a mainly PASSING offense and won MVP!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Yea...trust me....he has been running backwards on me! The last game he had 37 yards on 12 carries...but 12 of those came on 1 play!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I had him with the Dolphins absolute beast, fumbles alot year 1 but his carry improves. He will get tackled for a loss at times but also makes many big runs.

RB AI is really bad in the game though. Is you coaching for RB level 1 or 2 for your HC??? if you have a good OC for running or your self at level 4 He shoud be a complete beast for you.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Hmmm, that's odd. I've never had that problem with James. He's a bit fumble-prone in the beginning but his carrying gets better and he's arguably one of the best RBs in the game. I, myself, prefer Boar Jackson but that's just me.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
I dont get it. He will have a game where he rips it up. But then he goes back to this. He keeps progressing...but he is not consistently playing well....
I've played with LeJ quite a bit in my Packers franchises, and he has Fast HB Disease, which I've talked about elsewhere. I know of two basic treatments, both of which should be used for best results.

(1) If you're not playing with custom sliders, go get some. See the sliders forum for variations including mine.
(2) Use slower developing plays. Draws for inside hand-offs, outside zone stretch plays for edge runs, and counters for both. Contrary to expectation, the ultra-fast HBs don't work very well on pitches. LeJ works okay from an I, less well from single-back. The more time you give him before he hits the line of scrimmage, generally the better he and the RB AI will read your blocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »