Home

Replacing coaches help

This is a discussion on Replacing coaches help within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Replacing coaches help

Ok I have end year one and want to change my coaching staff(bears). What are some of the the better coaches you can get? Also what kind of stuff do I need to look at when trying out "new" coaches? Like what does a good coordinator need? And what do I look for in positional coaches?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Replacing coaches help

Well It's a good idea to right after you saw you will stay or after you dump the coaches you don't want.

Performance is pretty important for coaches unfortunatrly you don't see that when you bid. You can bid for a position coach and then go to develop staff once you get him if he looks good save if not quit and reload.

Save after each coach you keep to save time.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by khering75
Ok I have end year one and want to change my coaching staff(bears). What are some of the the better coaches you can get? Also what kind of stuff do I need to look at when trying out "new" coaches? Like what does a good coordinator need? And what do I look for in positional coaches?
I always look for high ceiling coaches the first year, because you may not get coaches as good again. The only coach I would keep from the Bears coaching staff is their STC, he's about as good as you can get. As far as coordinators, hold out for Jim Caldwell and Pepper Johnson. The Colts almost always release Caldwell and the Patriots always release Johnson.

A good GM is critical. If you can, pick up Gil Darnell the first year. If not , the Bears GM has high ceilings in Contract and Trade Negotiation which is critical. Tim Cobble is the best OLC I've seen the first year. DBC-Dan White has performance 5, but Chipper Duncan is always a option. Mike Katcavage is a great LBC coach. I always end up with Tim Spangler as DLC. Tom Rathman is a very good RBC, if you can't get him try to get Eric Bienemy. I can never get a good QBC the first year, I always settle for Paul Hackett. If Tom Clements is available, pay whatever cost he asks.WRC, you're really lucky if the Colts release their WRC, it rarely happens but he' really good.Brent McDaniel has Performance 4 but Mike Johnson has better developmental skills.

Last but not least is the trainer- you can usually get a 99 rated trainer the 1st season. Robert Wyman and Arron Lee are the best, but Jeff Messner is almost as good. Jeremy Phillips and Ian Baker are also good trainers.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Just happened to search for this the other day and found a link from Josh long ago which might help:
Staff Hiring

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
Rookie

browns_nation's Arena

OVR: 1

just finished my first season and I never saw this option. I have it to where my gm has to defer to me which coaches get hired/fired and I was never given the choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 04:56 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns_nation
just finished my first season and I never saw this option. I have it to where my gm has to defer to me which coaches get hired/fired and I was never given the choice.
In the Team Philosophy, go to Staff/Coach control or whatever it is called.

Anyways, it'll say like "Hire Offensive Coordinator", "Hire Position Coach"...yea, put all of those to "Allow no control" or whatever. This way, YOU decide which coaches get the boot.

Sorry about how vague I was. It's 3:55 in the morning and my baby sis is screaming for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »