Home

Super Sim vs Playing the game

This is a discussion on Super Sim vs Playing the game within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Super Sim vs Playing the game

Hi folks, I am new to playing this game. So far I its a lot of fun. I do think the games itself take too long to play. Maybe if a future edition ever gets released they can make a fast foward button to make the players move faster. Anyways, my question is does super sim still take in all the same variables as playing the game does? Or are the variables more limited in say player stats etc? If anyone knows, an answer would be much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Super Sim vs Playing the game

yes and no.

We got a response from one of the developers on this awhile back. Super sim takes most of the same things into account that normal play does, but it's nowhere near as detailed. I think the ratio was something like "normal play is 100x as many calculations as supersim, which itself is 100x as many calculations as sim".

full sim mode is pretty bogus, it doesn't teach players the plays, and it completely ignores things like your offensive line's stats, etc.

I supersim about 90% of my games, and sim the rest for the enjoyment of watching them play.

I miss the way you used to be able to have old versions of madden completely play the game for you, but completely live. basically 1p and 2p were both controlled by computer, and you got a nice cinematic presentation.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

do u earn more points for supersimming or do u get more by playing the games thru?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by coke hogan
do u earn more points for supersimming or do u get more by playing the games thru?
You get more by playing the games, but not by a large amount.600-800 points for a simmed game, 900 for a supersim loss and 1500 for a supersim win. I think it 's 2500 points for a played game you win. Not sure about a supersim loss. It takes a lot more time to play the games than supersim though.You get more points if it's a division or rivalry win and less if you lose those games.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
You get more by playing the games, but not by a large amount.600-800 points for a simmed game, 900 for a supersim loss and 1500 for a supersim win. I think it 's 2500 points for a played game you win. Not sure about a supersim loss. It takes a lot more time to play the games than supersim though.You get more points if it's a division or rivalry win and less if you lose those games.
In order to develop your players and coaches faster you have to play the games. You will earn more points depending on your performance. For instance, if you are really good at the game and have a stacked team and you put up 70-80 points while pitching a shut out, have multiple INT's, Sack's, different milestones, etc you earn more points. I have once earned 4500 points from one game for my head coach. In essence, there is no cap on how many points you can earn and there is no set amount of how many points you will earn. That is just something I have noticed through all of the time I have spent on the game.

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »