Home

Does anybody

This is a discussion on Does anybody within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does anybody

still play the old NFL Head Coach? I personally love it...I like the feeling of being able to sit in your office, and have interviews, meetings, etc...Also I feel the presentation is night and day over the new head coach. I play both but I always find myself back playing the old one lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Does anybody

LOL really? How do the games play out? Realistic stats/scores?
Old 12-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

For the most part the stats/scores are somewhat realistic...I also prefer how the game is coached over the new one...They run through the holes, easy defensive setup...And you gotta love the steve sabol moments, mel kiper, and the interviews and sit down meetings...Not to mention you can actually setup your practices and see your talent before the pre season.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I play it from time to time. I like the feel of the gameplay there, especially on the cpu with the editor to change sliders and quarter lengths. I feel that in comparison to the new game there are a fair share of both good and bad things.

In the old one the gameplay just feels better and with the right sliders is much more realistic.

I really like the ratings scheme that they used in the old one with the ranges. I feel that if done right that could be a great way to do ratings and it really makes scouting much more interesting allowing you to know more about each players specific abilities.

I really like the way that in the older one you can actually coach your players rather than just calling plays.

As for the new one, the offseason is done a lot better and makes much more sense. In the old one great players would be available way to cheap. Also in the new one there is no draft pick limit and you can trade future picks and the trade system makes way more sense.

Also I like the way that the new one uses potential. It is more interesting than maddens version and keeps every player on your team from becoming a god like the old hc.

The old hc you had to sit through practices and the progression was very buggy. Also in the old one there is a problem where it sometimes puts you coaching the wrong team and all the games end up tied 0-0
Old 12-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
Rookie

See i prefer the practices i think its cool to spread reps around and actuall have control rather then just pick an option from a menu for one play or one player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

I wouldn't have minded the practices so much if progression actually worked through them as advertised. As is to progress in any real fashion you have to sim the practices and then your coaches work ethic drops. I would prefer something along the lines of what 2k5 did but with more options selecting which plays to practice and whatnot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »