Home

Head Coach '09 $15 on PSN

This is a discussion on Head Coach '09 $15 on PSN within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Head Coach '09 $15 on PSN

As slow as its downloading i might not get to play it for a week.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by awetzel
As slow as its downloading i might not get to play it for a week.
Haha....Well, you are downloading a Blu-Ray disc's worth of data, after all.

Glad I could help - just ran across it when I browsing through that massive store update and figured some people would still have interest.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #11
Rookie

Yeah this ones still the best. Maddens ok for awhile in fact im already bored to tears with this years version and it just came out. But, With head coach even when i get bored i can still go back and try different things like inventing a new defense or offense from scratch and really customizing my teams to do specific things well. Something u just cant do all that effectively in madden. Sure you can put together a great team in madden but without being able to create plays and build teams around philosophies it just gets to be a grindfest of running the same plays over and over against a tiresome AI or playing online with no real long term benefits. As online franchise play still seems quite lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awetzel
Yeah this ones still the best. Maddens ok for awhile in fact im already bored to tears with this years version and it just came out. But, With head coach even when i get bored i can still go back and try different things like inventing a new defense or offense from scratch and really customizing my teams to do specific things well. Something u just cant do all that effectively in madden. Sure you can put together a great team in madden but without being able to create plays and build teams around philosophies it just gets to be a grindfest of running the same plays over and over against a tiresome AI or playing online with no real long term benefits. As online franchise play still seems quite lacking.
So Awetzel, do you agree with the other poster that the game plays smoother and with less hesitations with the download version?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

ps3 owner here. have the disk and recently paid the $15 dollars for the download. I have noticed that the game runs smoother. I also havent had the sound glitch on me yet running off of the hard drive.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
Rookie

Yes It runs much smoother.. I was testing a new slider set i started working on today so i had the system running non stop games for about 11 hours without incident.

I had forgotten how great this game was
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good to hear the game runs smoother. Is spending $15 justified to get a smoother running of the game? I have the original disc but the sound glitch and some of the lagging is killer...

to NFL Head Coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 03:44 PM   #16
Rookie

BoneThrower's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been playing the game with the disc since the Madden/NFL HC combo pack came out, but was wondering if I download and install the game from PSN, will all my career/playbook/roster save files still work with the downloaded game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »