Home

New Dolphins Career

This is a discussion on New Dolphins Career within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Dolphins Career

RAIDERS!!!!! pretty much if you have a losing season with them u get fired so it makes it that much more difficult. or just take the poopiest...lol... team at the point that u are at in ur career. OR... start anew and try for the McFadden/Zazzali combo if u can pull it off. Another cool one I did once was the Lions (Kitna retires usually after first season) then get a QB like Morrow or English in that path and combine them with Megatron, also for the added difficulty switch to a 3-4 defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #146
Pro

I don't have enough time at the moment to continue this writeup but I will continue this save as soon as I find enough time. Still planning to move to another team after this season and maybe overhaul my playbooks.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #147
Pro

Alright, I'm ready to jump back into the game but I'm still undecided what to do. Here are the possibilities:

1) Continue this dynasty, finish the season and maybe move to a bad team after the season (within this dynasty/savegame).

2) Start a new game/dynasty, trying to bring a unique offense to the NFL
a) with the Dolphins (my favourite team)
b) with some other team that usually sucks

Any suggestions are highly welcome...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #148
Rookie

browns_nation's Arena

OVR: 1

maybe you can try the redskins, they have like, what, only 9 million in cap room and aside from a few players a really old roster
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 2

I say finish this career, move on to a new team! Let's see some of the later years, usually when people post dynasties on here they play like 1 or 2 years, then quit.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #150
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

I dunno if you want to play it realistic, or just sign/draft/trade for the sleepers or whichever - so your starting team ideas might be different.

If you want different, I've yet to see a Giants or Colts franchise - though they start off in pretty great shape unless you decide to trade some major people off the bat - just saying, they're never done - at least going back a few years on the different forums.

Starting over with teams like the Fins and Falcons are good if you want to gut a team that was a ton of cap room. The Chiefs and Redskins are popular because they have limited cap room.

The Jags haven't really been done on here, nor the Saints, Steelers, Chargers, Eagles and Vikings (though I'm sure people, me included, have done them and just not posted them on here.)

I'd say try the Jags, esp 'cause you can easily deal MJD if you want a bigger challenge, the QB situation is in flux, and while they have some talent, they have some big weaknesses too.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #151
Pro

Game Recap:

Panthers 0
Dolphins 73

This was the most lopsided game I've ever seen in 5 years of HC09. Given the Panthers' bad shape I expected a blowout but this was beyond imagination. The Panthers finished the game with 85 offensive yds and 4 first downs. Their rookie QB Blake Borelli was awful (as expected) and our D-Line dominated the line-of-scrimmage once again. The biggest aberration was the Panthers' defense, though. I didn't score any defensive or special teams TDs, so all 73 points were given up by their defense. We punted the ball only once, compared to 12 punts by Carolina, and I even pulled some of my starters in the 4th quarter.
Just some of the most impressing stats:
John Scotland went 19-30 for 341 yds, 5 TDs, 1 pick. Vonnie Mendenhall had 12 rushes for 105 yds and 5 (!!!) TDs. He was unstoppable and he added another TD through the air (4 rec, 101 yds, TD). Brandon Marshall (9-130, 2 TDs) and Skyler Cofield (4-119, TD) were also dominant. On defense, David Finley had 4 TFL and 2 sacks, Gino King also had a couple of sacks and 4 other players sacked Borelli once. Demario Waddell picked him off once, setting up a short TD run. Mario Williams had 3 TFL.

Record: 3-1

During the week:
Vonnie Mendenhall was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
MLB Gino King was signed to a new 5-year contract, worth just under 20 mil.
FB Korey Hall was signed to a new 3-year contract.
P Brandon Fields was signed to a new 2-year contract.
K Jaime Potter was signed to a new 2-year contract.

Game Preview, week 5 at New York Jets:
The sorry Jets are without WRs Jerricho Cotchery and Early Doucet. DE John Abraham is also injured (as usual). We are injury free. I expect another win but the Jersey boys have finally found their franchise QB as Trent Stanton played well so far this season with Wes Welker as his #1 target. With their solid defense they look like one of the most improved teams in the league on paper. Yet, they're still 1-4...

Game Recap:

Dolphins 35
Jets 18

This was a competative game until late in Q4. John Scotland threw for 334 yds and 4 TDs (1 INT) and our linebackers held their RBs to 2.7 yds per carry.

Record: 4-1

Last edited by burnum; 01-29-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #152
Pro

Note: I just want to finish this season to see if I can get my motivation back by changing teams or if I have to start a new dynasty from scratch, so I'll super-sim the remaining regular season games and will only post the results and maybe some stats of each game. I might or might not return to my original style for the playoffs...

OT Jake Long was signed to a new 7-year contract, worth about 64 mil.
CB Demario Waddell was signed to a new 6-year contract, worth about 55 mil.
NT Herman Cable was signed to a new 6-year contract, worth about 6.7 mil.

QB John Scotland got hurt in practice and will miss this week's game.
Dolphins 16
Buccaneers 14

Josh Johnson started for the injured John Scotland and played well. Mario Williams was our best defensive performer. Their kicker missed a game-winning FG as time expired.

Record: 5-1

C Lance Friberg was signed to a new 6-year contract, worth about 32 mil.
SS Marcus Lopez was signed to a new 6-year contract, worth about 7 mil.

John Scotland returns to the lineup just in time to face the 6-1 Bills on Monday Night Football.
Bills 39
Dolphins 45

Scotland was great, throwing for 340 yds and 4 TDs.

Record: 6-1

Sage Rosenfels and the Patriots (4-4) will be next...

Last edited by burnum; 01-29-2013 at 03:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »