Home

How good do you think you are?

This is a discussion on How good do you think you are? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

OVR: 1
How good do you think you are?

Do you think you're a good coach? If you do I've got a challenge.

Help me build my team from nothing. I'm going to be using the dolphins. I'll start in the 2008 Free agency.

Who should I trade, who should I sign? Who should I draft? What playbooks should I use? What type of offence (Run heavy/vertical and stuff)? What philosophys? What should I spend my 50000 point on?

I will create a dynasty thread with the stuff you suggest to see how it goes.

Just for fun =) GOGOGOGO! If I make it to the playoffs I'll give a prize to the person.. IDK 5$ over paypal lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How good do you think you are?

If you want a beast get michael turner. He isn't cheap
but well worth it
Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Draft-I'd trade down from the top overall pick. I usually hope someone like Keith Rivers or McFadden fall out of the top 8. If they do, I nab them at 9. If it looks like both won't get out of the top 8, I'd trade up with the Patriots at 7. Prepare to pay a price though, the Patriots are greedy. You might trade down at 1-32 if Kenny Phillips is gone

They don't have a 3rd round pick(unless you went crazy with trades), so consider trading down with your 2nd round picks. I usually look to trade with the 49ers for LT Joe Staley to fill my LT needs. He can be had pretty cheap, so explore that.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

50000 points- The strategy guide suggests maxing out Performance at the start, but it's your choice. Same thing with Ambition. Some people swear by it, other people think it's a waste of points. Charisma and Charm will help mediate getting drastic approval drops.Playbook Training and the Seminars help you learn the playbook(whichever one you choose quickly.Playcalling is also a pretty high priority. I saw my Playcalling really improve once I maxed out PC with my HC and gave my HC control of the playbook.The plays called in Ask Coach showed the high % plays.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

Thanks. Any more tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

Ok so I started, new coach with the fins. I chose my custom playbook based on sanders army run with alot of quick passes and a few more passes aswell as a few QB draws/reads.

My defence I went for 3-4 pressure since it didn't have too many plays and was classed as strong. I chose 5/5 performance and 4/5 playcall and need 3.5k points for 5/5 playcall.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:22 AM   #7
Rookie

jjkwik's Arena

OVR: 2

For Drafting, a good WR for everything except blocking is DeSean Jackson. He is a mid-to-late second or very early (first or second choice) third round pick and after about a year can be a star. Granted, i am a bit biased being an eagels fan, but he is a really good player.

A couple of QB's to look into are either Brian Brohm (more developed right away) or Josh Johnson (a bit of a project.) Both are great QB's. If you want speed at q though, go with Johnson
Spoiler
Old 12-30-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

OK if you want ot win quick go with a spread passing attack.

You have plenty of cap room so pick up at least 1 great corner, samuel, trufant, or asomugah. Also, eugene wilson is good and cheap, stacy andrew and ben noll will solidify your line, if gross is there add him too. That, along with satele will give you a good oline and a top DB will really help. Also, if you have more room go for issac bruce. He is a very dependable WR.

Your 1st round pick you want to trade down and add to your picks. I agree 9th is a good spot to go to and if either mcfadden or rivers falls they are a great player to have. If they don't then don't trade up, keep moving back. You also may shy away from mcfadden already having brown. The key here is to cherry pick the best talent late in the draft and more picks means more talent.

The next player worth taking is brandon albert around 15 and moved to RT. If he isn't there then look to pick up jenkens around 20. Don't move up for any of these but if you can trade down to there and get them then do it.

At 32 kenny phillips is ussually around and you should look to take him. This is the first one you may want to move up for but since you want to win now trade future picks to do it.

In the second the most important pickup is calais campbell. Regardless of scheme he is a must have. Do what you need to to pick him around 50th.

If you have other picks in the area quinten groves can be a good player but only if you want to go through the work of using him right. Also, tavares gooden and martelus bennet are worth it at the end of the round.

In the 3rd do what you need to do to get up there and select dre moore in the middle of the round. Once again scheme doesn't matter, you want this guy.

In the fourth you want manningham, harry douglas, josh johnson and athya rubin. Douglas and manningham will give you 3 good WRs if you picked up bruce and douglas, although I don't think this is the case on xbox, but on ps3 is a great wildcat player. Johnson will give you a good qb and can be a very good rb so if you have some good wildcat plays he can really be a game changer. Rubin is a great space eater.

In the 5th look for demetrius bell unless you picked up brandon albert. Also, not sure where zach bowman goes but if he is there take a shot as he can be a solid number 2 if you don't have jenkens. Mike peterson is also worth a look as is xavier omon as a #2 back.

In the 6th and 7th alexis serna and tony bake make good value picks.

for undrafteds david vobora is worth a look as a solid OLB in a 4-3 or ILB in a 3-4. Jamal Buckingham is worth a shot. Mario urrietia and marcus monk are good backup WRs. Johnathan zenon is a decent 3rd corner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »