Home

Old 01-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ozzie Jones

I believe I will be drafting Ozzie Jones in my HC game. I see him all over the boards as a good player (heck, one of the draft paths is named after him), but exactly how good is he? What are your experiences with Jones?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Ozzie Jones

I drafted ozzie aswell as Joe Kain in my bears season and he ripped through any defence. He can carry it 30 times a game and turn nothing in to something. He is a great pick.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Jones is a great player. He's a very shifty runner,and makes a good recieving back too. That said, it probably comes down to preference. If you like to slam the back up the middle and do the power football thing, he may not be your first choice. But some of the moves he puts on defenders are just borderline illegal.

I prefer a big, physical back, so I got rid of Jones after a couple years when I found a beast of a power back sitting in the draft. But Jones really can be a highly productive player.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

I had him in my previous dynasty. He's not that hard for a defender to tackle, so don't expect him to be a power runner. But if you miss a tackle on him, he has the speed to make it to the endzone.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

He is a very explosive back and can be very good. He has the speed and elusiveness to make some explosive plays and really opens up the whole playbook with tosses, outside handoffs, counters, and draws being great plays for him. Inside runs there are better guys but any of the other types are money with him.

He is also one of the few guys I have found success with running screen passes and you can motion him outside and run receiver routes with him, especially deep, and his speed gives him a better than fair chance at making a big play out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will defiantly have to change up my playbook and philosophy so I don't have him running inside the whole game, but he sounds like a great pick up. Thanks for all the advice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »