Home

Atrocious QB performances

This is a discussion on Atrocious QB performances within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Atrocious QB performances

hey guys, i have Andre Woodson as my QB right now, and week in and week out, he continues to put up HORRIBLE numbers. (he had a 1.4 qb rating one week!) is there a reason for this? a way to fix it? playbook knowledge shouldn't be an issue this late into the season....i'm at a loss as to why this is the case. maybe poor oline play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon12 Re: Atrocious QB performances

Andre Woodson is a project. I wouldn't recommend starting him in the first year if you can avoid it. He'll eventually be good--really good depending on the system--but he starts with low throw accuracy, low awareness and his elusiveness isn't that great either, so he'll throw LOTS of picks and get sacked often. Also, IIRC his release is a minus too, so it takes him a little bit longer to get rid of the ball. His learning starts out pretty low too, so even late in the first year he'll be throwing 3 or 4 (sometimes 5) to the other team. Beef up your O line and get a good QB coach. With both of those and a couple years of development, he can be a franchise QB.

If you're not that patient, cut your losses now before he sets the league record for INTs. I've had him before, and he threw 7 INTs in one game. I sat him the next week before things got out of hand. The next year I got Morrow. It would be the last time Woodson saw the field for my team, LOL.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Atrocious QB performances

If you give him a good pre-season he can be pretty good even hist first year in the league.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

well i just drafted Joe Kain with plans to sit him for awhile anyway (we'll see how long that lasts). he's my qb of the future and once he takes the reigns i plan on unloading woodson (and his salary) for draft picks.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 38

I have Brady Quinn and he really sucks.... He has thrown 4 touchdowns and 8 picks in 3 games. The worst thing is nobody wants him so the only way I can get rid of him is to cut him and take that huge salary penalty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Woodson does develop into a good QB, and if you play it right, he can be effective at first while he develops.

treat him like a rookie. Run the ball and use few passing plays at first. Rely more on play action than traditional drop back passes. You have to kinda bring him along slowly, you can't just draft him and have the whole offense open up at once. In other words, use your safest plays with him while he's developing.

One thing that works well when developing QB's like this is if you have an older, decent QB on your roster. Start him most of the games, bring Woodson in on goaline situations for a quick TD from a play action or a QB run. Bring him in also if you got a good lead in the 4th quarter so he can get some experience. Ratings will go up faster if your QB has sucess, so you have to kind of limit the chances of putting him in a position where he makes mistakes as best you can. If you plan on unloading Woodson for picks now, this is a good way to get his ratings higher so you get more in return when you do trade him.

As Tom said, a really good pre-season while jump his rating as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »