Home

wait.... What? No playbook knowledge?

This is a discussion on wait.... What? No playbook knowledge? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
wait.... What? No playbook knowledge?

Wow. There's a reall problem. Whether its me or the game or something, its a problem. Do back ups not get playbook kbowledge?!?!?! Mine have zero! This makes no sense. Why would a game that focuses on depth not be able to have your back ups learn ANY plays? I mean really! My QB got hurt, so my backup, not bad, about 81 Rating, threw five picks!!! I looked at his knowledge on the plays. Zero. Wtf? What's wrong? How do I get them to learn plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: wait.... What? No playbook knowledge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3df0x102
Wow. There's a reall problem. Whether its me or the game or something, its a problem. Do back ups not get playbook kbowledge?!?!?! Mine have zero! This makes no sense. Why would a game that focuses on depth not be able to have your back ups learn ANY plays? I mean really! My QB got hurt, so my backup, not bad, about 81 Rating, threw five picks!!! I looked at his knowledge on the plays. Zero. Wtf? What's wrong? How do I get them to learn plays?
They learn plays based on Learning. Does your QB have a low Learning score? Did you play, supersim, or sim games? He also may have not gotten play knowledge with the INTs. Normally, it takes 6 reps to learn a play.He should of at least advanced the bar that shows you how much of the play you have learned.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have Josh Johnson as my back up, and even though his learning is low, he should know SOME of the paybook. And its the same for the low positions of everyone else :/
Old 04-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

When you run practices, starters get the advantage over backup players. Your starters will run the play until they have it learned (or maybe mastered) and then the backups wil start running the plays as you practice. Backups will always have lower knowledge of plays thhan the starters do. That's one reason why injuries are harder to overcome in HC than in Madden.

The best way to get your backups experience is the pre-season. Just play them a lot in pre-season games to get their knowledge higher. In a pinch, you can also change up the depth chart about once a week if you really have a lot of injuries. Just put those players you want to get experience (Like Johnson in this case) in as the starter before one of each weeks practices then change it back after the practice is over. This helps especially if you don't have the Seminar coach skills because players will slowly lose knowledge of the playbook over time if they never play.

Also, coaching skills dealing with making players learn the playbook faster help. Get some coaching points in learning skills and things like regular season seminar and off season seminar to stop player knowledge from degrading as much and you should have a lot less problems with this kind of thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »