Home

Simming the Season

This is a discussion on Simming the Season within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Simming the Season

Simming (as in simming periods of time, rather than simming a game) seems to be broken in this game. Usually sim means the AI takes over and runs your team just like it was one of the 31 AI teams. In most games, you can give the AI a set of rules to follow when it does this (such as in your team philosophies). However, in this game it just seems to sim the games and not do anything else. I simmed a season, and at the end of it none of my players had been signed, none of my coaches had been developed, and none of my injured players dealt with. That is not simming. That is simply skipping to the end of the season. Also, my team obviously wasn't being coached up during the week or anything, because it went 0-16, and although it wasn't a great team 0-16 seems ridiculous.

I realize simming a season isn't the primary point of the game since you're supposed to be the coach, but if you're going to offer a feature it should work. Plus some people start to find the week to week coaching features tedious and just want to play a GM role. I mean, I like the idea of being a coach, but the gameplan and develop coach and stuff like that gets very repetitious after a while.

Edit: I know I post a lot of (hopefully constructive although probably not because there won't be another one) criticism, but it just pains me how great this game could be but for a few fatal flaws.

Last edited by JimK; 05-05-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Simming the Season

I agree with you there. That is not "simming", that is skipping. There is a huge difference, as you pointed out. I wish it wasn't like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »