Home

College Attack Help.

This is a discussion on College Attack Help. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question College Attack Help.

I would like to bring the College attack playbook to the NFL. What type of players do I need to have. What philosophy's do I need to set? Josh Johnson is definitely going to be my quarterback and I am going to trade for Randy Moss (favorite wide receiver). Do the speed options or triple options really work? I would like to average 1000 rushing yards with my QB, HB/HB2. HELP!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: College Attack Help.

I run the college attack for the titans. Wo far we are 6-0. I use ebongreen's sliders,which makes the offense much more realistic. I do not like the option as I find that Vy never pitches it. You must use some kind of sliders for the rushing game to be effective. When I didn't use sliders I averaged about 1.5 yards per carry. My philosophies are Speed Qb (for Qb Blasts) Balanced Hb ( I have one speed runner, Felix Jones, and one power runner, A g out of a really small college. Balanced Wr Blocking te ( All my Te's have over 70 RBL) All my Linemen are Run Blocking . The Maryland I is my favorite formation as I can run and call play action out of it. Shotgun 4 WR sets are the best passingnformations in IMO.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the help. Playing in my first preseason game was very interesting. The flexbone sucks and the wishbone is amazing. Im going to just delete the shotgun plays and add more 4wr plays and more play action. Im going to delete it and start over, with the college attack (minus all of the flexbone, more shotgun 4wr, and more play action). Which plays are most effective for you? Are the speed options, more effective than the HB Options? Thanks again.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Also where are ebongreen's sliders?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Ebongreen's sliders are in the NFL Head Coach 09 sliders sub forum at the top of the page. Maybe it's VY's AWR but he never seems to pitch it so I don't run the option. Josh Johnson might be better at running the option. I run theì hammer dive out of the Maryland I with my power RB and I run Hammer Sweeps and Toss' with my speed RB. PA Patriot is my favorite Play Action play. I don't really pay attention to the 4 wr shotgun pass plays as none of them are better thanthe other iMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »