Home

Exciting Dilemma

This is a discussion on Exciting Dilemma within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3
Exciting Dilemma

I've been playing head coach for quite some time but surprisingly I have never done the Jack English draft path. I've heard since day 1 that it's the easiest path and so I have never done it.

In my Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty found HERE and am about to enter the English draft and so I have an exciting dilemma.

I don't want any spoilers or advice as I will make the call myself but it's simply worth mentioning the excitement behind some of the dilemma's you face in HC09. I can wait and see what one of Kelly or Morrow will fall to my in the draft, I can draft Scott late in the draft or I can go crazy, spend too much money and trade up for English. I'm confident I will find my franchise QB here it's just a matter of which one I want.

I shall decide soon.

What other dilemmas have you faced in your HC09 experience that for no reason has caused you to literally think hard on your decision haha?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Exciting Dilemma

Don't want to be a spoiler but I recommend going after Morrow. In the right system I thinks he's better than English. Just Saying.

Once when I was with the Pats, Jake Long had somehow slipped to me at #7, but so had Run-DMC. I actually wen't out for a walk and thought about it. I just couldn't choose between the two so I drafted McFadden at #7 and traded up for the 8th pick to select Long.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitnr1
Don't want to be a spoiler but I recommend going after Morrow. In the right system I thinks he's better than English. Just Saying.

Once when I was with the Pats, Jake Long had somehow slipped to me at #7, but so had Run-DMC. I actually wen't out for a walk and thought about it. I just couldn't choose between the two so I drafted McFadden at #7 and traded up for the 8th pick to select Long.
Haha that's one way to do it.

After much thinking I knew I wasn't going to rape the draft and take Scott in the 5th round. It was down to the elite three and something told me to make it interesting, make it a challenge and raise the expectations by taking English first.

I traded up to the 1st pick and took English and his ridiculous contract. Now we have to win. I've financially strapped myself to my Quarterback. We live and die together haha. It just wouldn't be the NFL any other way.

The Cards looked like a real team when they traded out of the 1st, let me take English and got James at #33 anyways... ala 2001 San Diego Chargers with Drew Brees and Michael Vick. Tomlinson/Brees draft day? Jeez Chargers.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka23
Haha that's one way to do it.

After much thinking I knew I wasn't going to rape the draft and take Scott in the 5th round. It was down to the elite three and something told me to make it interesting, make it a challenge and raise the expectations by taking English first.

I traded up to the 1st pick and took English and his ridiculous contract. Now we have to win. I've financially strapped myself to my Quarterback. We live and die together haha. It just wouldn't be the NFL any other way.

The Cards looked like a real team when they traded out of the 1st, let me take English and got James at #33 anyways... ala 2001 San Diego Chargers with Drew Brees and Michael Vick. Tomlinson/Brees draft day? Jeez Chargers.
GL with English. He has all the potential in the world but the one time I took him and the contract from hell in my Falcons franchise, he was very underwhelming. The Buccs are in my division and they actually took Morrow so it was Dane vs Jack twice a year every year, and they beat us just about every time.

I've built my current franchise around drafting Morrow late in the 1st round. I've heard of him going early in the 2nd but didn't see it either time I had the English path, so I'm not expecting it this time either.

Hardest I've ever had to think on any draft was when was when I had pick #8 in 2008 and Darren McFadden was -still there-. Now, he'd work great in my system, but I completely didn't need him. HB was like one of only 3 or 4 positions I had competent players in already, but dammit it was McFadden. at #8! If I recall correctly, I did end up trading down to get a 2009 2nd round and the 20th overall in 2008, which I used to pick up Kenny Phillips who I did need. Discipline held out.

Last edited by Skarecrow; 11-23-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarecrow
GL with English. He has all the potential in the world but the one time I took him and the contract from hell in my Falcons franchise, he was very underwhelming. The Buccs are in my division and they actually took Morrow so it was Dane vs Jack twice a year every year, and they beat us just about every time.

I've built my current franchise around drafting Morrow late in the 1st round. I've heard of him going early in the 2nd but didn't see it either time I had the English path, so I'm not expecting it this time either.

Hardest I've ever had to think on any draft was when was when I had pick #8 in 2008 and Darren McFadden was -still there-. Now, he'd work great in my system, but I completely didn't need him. HB was like one of only 3 or 4 positions I had competent players in already, but dammit it was McFadden. at #8! If I recall correctly, I did end up trading down to get a 2009 2nd round and the 20th overall in 2008, which I used to pick up Kenny Phillips who I did need. Discipline held out.
The reason I usually go Morrow over English is because you can get him later so you don't have to trade up. RB seems to always be a need for me but maybe that is because I generally trade away the backs on the team I take over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

When I had the English class, I was coming off a superbowl win with the chiefs and QB was the least of my worries. Then Dane Morrow and Kelly James both fell to me at #32. I decided to get Morrow and he led my team to 3 straight undefeated seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »