Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Exploits

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Exploits within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
NFL Head Coach 09 Exploits

Even though everyone plays this game seriously i want to win a Superbowl at least once in this game. Does anyone no any exploits? Not cheats just glitches that you can use to make your team beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Exploits

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Even though everyone plays this game seriously i want to win a Superbowl at least once in this game. Does anyone no any exploits? Not cheats just glitches that you can use to make your team beast.
the big one is the fact that you can edit player positions on teams you don't coach. This won't hurt the other teams too badly, because even if you make Donovan McNabb a wide receiver, the Eagles will still slot him as starting QB... but it does mean that trade criteria changes.

Example. Need a QB? Turn Tom Brady or Peyton Manning into a WR and offer a trade to the patriots or colts. Their GM will see they've got a mediocre-to-below-par WR with the contract of a star QB and be happy to trade them to you for a couple mid-round draft picks or the like. Need a good TE? Change Antonio Gates or Jason Whitten to a FB and trade for them for chump change.

You can also use this to accumulate draft picks. Antonio Gates is especially good for this. Make him a FB, trade to get him (you'll usually end up giving away 6th and 7th round draft picks or an ovl ~70ish 3rd string player on your roster to get him). Once he's on your team, edit him back to TE and put him on the trade block. you can usually convince a couple teams to offer 1st round draft picks for him. Trade him away for a 1st round pick, then edit him back to FB, immediately trade him back to your team for chump change again, then edit him back to TE and trade away. Rinse repeat. You can probably pick up a half dozen extra first round picks across 2008 and 2009 before you run out of interested teams.

-warning- This WILL destroy your cap. 2 or 3 years down the line, you will have to let most of those 1st round draft picks and traded superstars go when you can't afford to re-sign them. It may let you get that superbowl win in the mean time. Remember though, your players are only half the story. Being a game named "head coach", your coaches are at least as important as your players. a team full of pro bowl players but coached by scrubs will still have a difficult season.

Also, when all else fails, reloading the franchise from a save you made before a tough game and trying it over again (and perhaps over and over again) will eventually let you win any game... although "eventually" can be a very very long time if you're trying to get a team like, say, the ravens to beat somebody like the colts.

Last edited by Skarecrow; 11-16-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Playbook knowledge-If you can cancel out of the early preseason games you've played, your playbook knowledge will be retained the next time you play. I usually supersim the first preseason game, exiting out just before the half multiple times to Master the playbook.

Offseason period-Teams usually cut players in the offseason period right before the 18 day countdown. You can cut and sign them if you want to a 1 year deal.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Well there's the TE-->FB cheat but if you're gonna do that, DO NOT stockpile 1st round picks because it will KILL you later when you're trying to pay them all. I usually just use the TE-->FB cheat to get Tony Gonzalez on the Falcons and Kellen Winslow on the Bucs.

Playbook knowledge exploit explained above is very helpful. Not only will you more than likely complete those dumb playbook knowledge goals which will spike your approval, but you'll also have a much more polished team and you'll see some rookies (Mario Manningham) actually PERFORM because they know the playbook.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
Rookie

has anyone even tried the qb-wr exploit because i did but for some reason the colts nor new england will trade with me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have, the team to do it with is the Bengals and Carson palmer.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
Rookie

i'll try that because i started a career with ravens and i need alot of picks to run my wildcat/spread offense
Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Be careful, works very well and can stock pile more picks than you need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »