Home

Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ravens Dynasty

Simmed my last 2 preseason games, and had some significant injuries. DE Trevor Pryor was lost for the season with a major foot injury, Bart Scott was hurt in the final game for 1-2 weeks and wont make the season opener, Haloti Ngata will miss the opener at least with a pending injury report, Todd Heap will miss the first 2 games at the very least, and my starting center Flynn will miss the first 2 games as well. Dre Moore will start at DE for Pryor, and Ngata's replacement is TBD, as is Heap's. Normally OLB Barnes will start at MLB with Ray Lewis for Scott. Here are my preseason battles and the winners

QB: Troy Smith/Kyle Boller/Josh Johnson
Winner: Troy Smith
Runner up: Kyle Boller
3rd string: Josh Johnson

HB: Willis McGahee/Darren McFadden
Winner: Willis McGahee
Backup/3rd down: Darren McFadden

WR2: Demetrius Williams/DeSean Jackson/Mark Clayton
Winner: Demetrius Williams
WR3 (slot): DeSean Jackson
WR4: Mark Clayton

LG: Jason Spitz/Jason Brown
Winner: Jason Spitz
Backup: Jason Brown

NT: Dre Moore/Kelly Gregg
Winner: Kelly Gregg
Backup: Dre Moore

LOLB: Jarret Johnson/Antawn Barnes
Winner: Jarret Johnson
Backup: Antawn Barnes

CB1: Nmadi Asomugha/Chris McCallister
Winner: Nmadi Asomugha
Backup: Chris McCallister
Old 11-22-2011, 02:43 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKisBoss
Going to have one of the best 1-2 punches in the NFL for a good 5-6 years with McFadden and McGahee im hoping. Trying to think of a nickname for the 2 running backs...something with the "Mc" in their last names...any ideas? xD
I can't give 2 HBs enough work to keep both ratings up. I'm using Ebongreen's slider set with the running game set up to 80 and I still have to rely on my passing game. You'll need to give them each 15 to 20 carries a game to keep them sharp.

I'll be watching, good luck.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Dealer
I can't give 2 HBs enough work to keep both ratings up. I'm using Ebongreen's slider set with the running game set up to 80 and I still have to rely on my passing game. You'll need to give them each 15 to 20 carries a game to keep them sharp.

I'll be watching, good luck.
Im starting to think that once McFadden reaches, or is close to reaching, his full 97 potential ill trade away McGahee for a cheaper option as my backup and hand the starting job to McFadden. but im not really sure what's going to happen lol just gonna play the game and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
Rookie

Season opener, at home vs Cincinatti Bengals! Time to see if I can get my first win as an NFL Head Coach!

I win the coin toss and select to recieve. After going 3 and out, it's 4th and 2 inside my own 40. So what do I do? Sub in McFadden as my blocking FB on the punt team and direct snap it to him of course!! He takes it for a 21 yard gain, but Smith throws a pick the very next play. Grrr. The Bengals take the turnover and make 3 points out of it. The next drive led to much more success, as McFadden recoreded his first NFL touchdown on a Shotgun draw play! I thought he was going to be tackled for a loss at least 3 times but somehow juked some guys out and trucked over another into the end zone! Left me like :O. The next score comes in the second quarter, when Troy Smith takes a QB draw into the endzone from inside the 5, then we close out the first half with a Serna FG. 17-3 halftime score. Nothing happens in the 3rd quarter, and finally with about half of the 4th quarter to go, Smith hits Derrick Mason on a curl option route about 3 yards from the endzone, and he pushes it in! 24-3. Carson Palmer takes the Bengals the distance the next drive, making it 24-10. One play into the 2 minute warning, McFadden fumbles the ball and the Bengals recover . They take it to the house with less than 10 seconds left, 24-17. They kick it deep, and my returner Yamon Figurs holds on to the ball long enough to run out the clock. Game over!

Player of the Game: Ray Lewis 8 tackles 2 sacks 1 interception

Other stats
Troy Smith:above 50% completion 180yds 1td 1int, rush td
McGahee: 17 carries 61 yds 1fumble lost, 4 catches 17yds
McFadden: 8 carries, 56yds, 1td, 2 drops, 1fumble lost
Derrick Mason: 4 catches 55yds 1td
Dre Moore: 2 sacks
Terrell Suggs: sack

Defense: 230 pass yds allowed, 2td 1int
3.6 ypc allowed
17 points allowed
5 sacks

Offensive line: 3 sacks given up

Special teams: 1/1 FG 3/3 XP
3 punts

Final: Baltimore 24 - Cincinatti 17

Notes: My defensive line really missed the anchoring presence of Haloti Ngata and Trevor Pryce, although Dre Moore did account for 2 sacks in Pryce's place. I started a rookie defensive end in place of Ngata, and he also had a sack but was injured in the first half and did not return leaving another rookie to take his place. Also, my backup center was injured. If he can't make the next game, I'm thinking of starting Jason Spitz at center (his college position) and starting either Jason Brown or C. Chester at LG. Lastly, Todd Heap was able to start the game but didn't even make it through the first quarter, leaving the game with a chest injury.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
Rookie

Game 2 of my first season as the Ravens Head coach, and we travel to Houston to take on Andre Johnson and Co. Here's what went down!

I lost the coin toss and had to kick off in the first half. The first score of the game was a Troy Smith-Derrick Mason 8yd connection in the back right corner of the end zone. The Texans answered back with a 44yd FG from recently signed Olindo Mare. Then on a 3rd and 5, I call a QB draw and Smith takes it to paydirt! 59yd straight shot to the endzone, only needing to break one wimpy attempt at a tackle! Great blocking by my guys up front. Not much happened in the first 9 minutes of the 2nd quarter, and just when it seemed my Ravens would take a even bigger lead, Smith is rushed into a bad pass to Williams on the flat and is picked off by Fred Bennett and there's no one inbetween him and our endzone. Guhhh. The next possession, Smith overthrows backup TE Wilcox over the middle and Bennett gets another pick. The Texans offense turns that into a 47yd FG with less than 10 sec left in the first half. GUHHHHHH. Halftime score 13-14 my Ravens on top, but barely. Almost nothing happened the entire 3rd quarter, until offseason signed CB Marcus Trufant blows a coverage on Derrick Mason thinking he has safety help up top and just stays in the flat. Well there's no safety help, and Mason has a free 72yd shot to the end zone. Boo-yahh!!!! Also a side note, my run game completely dominated this game. Ill show the stats below. Darren McFadden ices the game with an extremely tough one yard run, where he barely got the ball over the goal line. Last score of the game was Serna's 35yd FG.

Player of the Game: 2 way tie- Kelly Gregg 4tck 3 for loss 3 sacks 1FF; Willis McGahee 18 rush 125yds 6.9ypc 1 catch 8yds

Other stats:
Troy Smith 185yds 2 pass td 2int 12/24, 6 rush 70yds 1td
Darren McFadden 17 rush 94yds 1td 5.5ypc 1 catch 7yds
Derrick Mason 5rec 120yds 2td
Terrell Suggs 4tck 2 for loss 1 sack
Chris McCallister 3tck 1int
Ed Reed 7tck 1nt 1FF
Jarrett Johnson 8tck 6 for loss (none sacks, all run stops)

Defense stats: 100yds allowed
2int
4 sacks
1.5 ypc allowed

Offensive line: 1 sack given (Jason Spitz)

Special teams: 1/2 FG (miss 64, made 35)
4 punts 31.2 avg

Notes: Early in the game, my 4-3 defense scheme couldn't stop their outside running game, so i switched to a 3-4 whenever I thought they were gonna run the ball, and it worked beautifully. Held Ahman Green to 35yds on 20 carries. Some notable injuries: Bart Scott head injury, did not return (replaced by Antawn Barnes), DeSean Jackon leg injury did not return (replaced by Mark Clayton at WR3, Figurs as return), Dawan Landry SS leg injury did not return (replaced by rookie SS Craig Steltz), Jason Brown LG injury did not retrun (replaced by normally RG Chris Chester). Todd Heap, Matt Flynn, and Haloti Ngata all missed this weeks game due to injury and were replaced by Daniel Wilcox, Jason Spitz, and Dre Moore respectively. Dwan Edwards got the start at LE and Dre Moore at RE. All 3 of NT Kelly Greggs sacks came on blitz packages we worked on in our gamplan preperation, one causing Matt Schaub to fumble. Schaub was limited to 64 yards passing and no TD passes with 2 picks, and Andre Johnson was held without a catch. Also had a game changer during the week which greatly helped my teams learning ability. Things are looking very good for my Ravens just 2 weeks into the season :-)

Final Score: Baltimore 31 - Houston 13
Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #14
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKisBoss
Trying to think of a nickname for the 2 running backs...something with the "Mc" in their last names...any ideas? xD
Some suggestions:

McDiesels, WDfast40 (Willis/Darren... fast 40 times? corny, I know), McTNTs, McSwift (Fadden) & McSmash (Willis)... that's all I have for now.

I will follow your dynasty. Be on the lookout for mine (Dolphins/Eagles?)

Good luck!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchiKai2
Some suggestions:

McDiesels, WDfast40 (Willis/Darren... fast 40 times? corny, I know), McTNTs, McSwift (Fadden) & McSmash (Willis)... that's all I have for now.

Good luck!
hahaha i love those, i think McDiesels is my favorite and thanks! ill follow yours too once u get yours running!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchiKai2
Some suggestions:

Good luck!
Haha good stuff. All I could think of is if they were a couple in hollywood(weird, I know) they would be dubbed McGadden lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »