Home

Ravens Dynasty

This is a discussion on Ravens Dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ravens Dynasty

Injuries for this week: Haloti Ngata out at least one more game with a strained hamstring, Dre Moore to start in his place.
Todd Heap out 1-2 weeks with triceps strain, to be replaced by vet TE Daniel Wilcox, backed up by recently signed Marcus Pollard (820k$)

Converted Jason Spitz to center, released 3rd string backup center Ike Ndukwe and shedded 520k off my cap. My original starter Flynn returns from injury this week, but will backup Spitz.

DeSean Jackson, Bart Scott, Dawan Landry, and Jason Brown, who all left with injuries in our last game, are good to go this week. Will put up what happens in the next game by tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #18
Rookie

Game 3 of my coaching career at home vs the Cleveland Browns!

First drive of the game led to points for me, as Troy Smith hit McGahee on the flats and he powered his way in for a 7 yard score. Later in the 1st, the Browns Phil Dawson connects on a 30 yard field goal to make it 7-3. Early in the 2nd, Troy Smith has a very nice drive throwing and running the ball and hits Demetrius Williams for a 19 yard gain to the 2 yard line where McGahee punches it in the next play. Dawson and Serna exchange field goals, and the halftime score is 17-6 with my Ravens on top! No scoring in the 3rd quarter, and Serna opens the 4th quarter with 2 long field goals from 50 and 60 yards out! Cleveland answers back with their first TD of the game, an Anderson to Brandon Jones connection for 11 yards on a slant. Serna makes a 46yd field goal the next drive, and the score is 26-13. The Browns fight back, and with less than a minute in the game to go, make this a 6 point game with a 17yd touchdown pass from Derek Anderson to rookie wideout Robinson. Instead of onsiding the kickoff, they kick it deep. BIG MISTAKE. Yamon Figurs takes it to the house, 97 yards! And there is your dagger!

Player of the Game: Troy Smith 16/22 72% 157yds 1td 0int, 5rush 45 yards (4 3rd down conversion runs)

Other stats:
Willis McGahee 21rush 75yds 3.5avg 1td, 5rec 13yds 1td
Darren McFadden 5rush 22yds, 3rec 28yds
Derrick Mason 4rec 58yds
Ed Reed 10tck, 1 for loss
Ray Lewis 3tck 2 sacks
Craig Steltz 1 sack
Dre Moore 2tck 1sack
Dawan Landry 6tck 2 pass deflections

Defensive stats: 320pass yds allowed, 2td 0int
73 rush yds allowed, 4.3ypc
4 sacks
2 fumbles forced, one recovered

Offensive line: 3 sacks given (RT M. Yanda)

Special Teams: 4/6 FG (made 55, 50, 60, 46, missed 61 and 57)
NO PUNTS! and no 4th down attempts either!

Notes: Our defense really didn't step up very well this week, only having one takeaway (J. Lewis fumble) and allowing nearly 400 total offensive yards for a subpar offense at best. Can't wait to have Haloti Ngata back next week and hopefully he can put some consistensy in our D-line play. Tight end Marcus Pollard, who i signed during the week, left the game in the first quarter with a quad injury. Found out after the game he's out the next 1-2 weeks. Hopefully Heap can make a quick recovery so we aren't to depleated at TE for next weeks MNF showdown with the Steelers. Was happy with how my offense played, was very efficient most of the time. Troy Smith had his first giveaway-free game of the year, and had huge 3rd down conversions for us down the stretch that helped keep our lead steady. The McGahee-McFadden tandem racked up nearly 100yds on the ground which I guess I'm happy with. They averaged around 4ypc for the game and didn't fumble the ball so it's all good! McGahee had 2 all purpose touchdowns while McFadden didn't have any, his first touchdown free game of the year. Achieved my "Fast Start" goal and I'm now at a 97 overall approval rating (mostly due to a few well played Defining Moments) and hopefully will be off the hot seat very soon!

Final Score: Baltimore 33 - Cleveland 20

Last edited by AndyKisBoss; 11-25-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #19
Rookie

Biggest game of the year so far! If I wanna keep my job, I gotta show I can consistently beat the Steelers. MNF...leggoo!!

Game starts out with a 3 and out from my guys, and Sam Koch punts it deep. The returner thinks he has space, so he doesn't call the fair catch...then BAM. Big hit and he fumbles, recovered by rookie Craig Steltz! Hellll yeah! But this game started out sooo sloppy. The first play after that fumble, Smith gets sacked and fumbles. Pitt recovers. Guhhhhhh. Steelers turn that into a 30yd FG by Jeff Reed. Also as a side note, wind was deffinetly a factor in this game going at 20mph. Still in the first quarter, and my Ravens drive right down the field with command. We're on the one yard line, and I put McFadden in the FB position and give him the ball. And he fumbles. We lose it. Aaaand I bench him for the rest of the first half. Inexcuseable. The steelers are driving down and I call a blitz on 3rd and medium rushing Big Ben into a bad throw and Suggs is able to step in front and take it away! Turns into a Serna 35yd FG so we all tied up 3-3 in the 2nd. With time ticking down in the 2nd quarter, we get the ball back and Smith hits rookie slot WR DeSean Jackson in the middle of the field and he out runs the safties for a 39yd catch and run TD. Halftime score 10-3. The 3rd quarter can basically be summed up by this: We punt, they miss FG. Jeff Reed missed 3 FG in the 2nd half, all of them rather deep, and the wind played a big factor in that. In the 4th they seem to be mounting a comeback, having a very good drive from their own 1 yard line. But my guys make a critical 3rd down stop and they are forced into a long FG into the wind. Which they miss. Yay. We take it back and finish them off with a 20 yard field goal by Serna (and for some reason I lost rating points for icing the game with a field goal instead of going for the touchdown? I thought that was rather unfair...)

Player of the Game: Terrell Suggs 5tck 2sacks 1int

Other stats: Troy Smith 15/30 218yds 1td 0int, 7rush 41yds
Willis McGahee 8rush 17yds 1rec 15yds
Darren McFadden 9rush 6yds 4rec 36yds 1 fumble lost
Demetrius Williams 3rec 46yds
Derrick Mason 3rec 42yds
DeSean Jackson 3rec 68yds 1td
Ray Lewis 13tck 5 for loss 1pass def.
Jarrett Johnson 6tck 3 for loss 1 sack
Haloti Ngata (first game back from injury) 6tck 3 for loss 1 sack
Kelly Gregg 2tck 1 sack

Defense: 194 pass yds allowed, 1int
76 rush yds allowed 2.7 avg
5 sacks
1 forced fumble

Offensive line: 1 sack given (J. Odgen)

Special teams: 2/2 FG (36,20)
6 punts

Notes: My run game, which is supposed to be the center of our offense, really struggled to get past that tough Pitt front 7. They couldn't find their way through and didn't have many holes to work with. Troy Smith was the most effective rusher of the game. Neither Todd Heap or Marcus Pollard could play in this game, so I only had one active TE on the roster (Wilcox) and he didn't record one catch. Haloti Ngata returned from injury and started at LE while Dre Moore started at RE. Ngata had a very good return with a sack and 3 tackles for losses. Some rookies also stood out in this game. DeSean Jackson recorded his first NFL touchdown reception, and strong saftey Craig Steltz had a fumble recovery on a special team fumble. Ray Lewis, who was held out of practice all week because of health issues, was all over the field recording 13 tackles. RG Chris Chester sprained his elbow in the first half and is out for at least 1 week. Even thought it was pretty sloppy, we managed to eek out this victory and hold Big Ben and Co. to 3 meesly points.

Final Score: Baltimore 13 - Steelers 3

Last edited by AndyKisBoss; 11-25-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I remember I did a file with the Ravens, Troy Smith gets really good in this game, he threepeated as MVP for me. The draft is really easy as your GM is awesome, and the defense is great, just a matter of making sure you can find a NT and an end to replace Pryce, and a solid corner.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesfaninNC
I remember I did a file with the Ravens, Troy Smith gets really good in this game, he threepeated as MVP for me. The draft is really easy as your GM is awesome, and the defense is great, just a matter of making sure you can find a NT and an end to replace Pryce, and a solid corner.
NT- Dre moore
corner- Asoghmua
still need a replacement for pryce tho

and smith has been solid for me in 4 games so far, and hearing from multiple people that he gets THAT good is a great confidence booster for me. thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKisBoss
NT- Dre moore
corner- Asoghmua
still need a replacement for pryce tho

and smith has been solid for me in 4 games so far, and hearing from multiple people that he gets THAT good is a great confidence booster for me. thanks!
Mccalister gets old really fast, although hes a beast when hes healthy.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesfaninNC
Mccalister gets old really fast, although hes a beast when hes healthy.
Thanks ill make sure to get some depth at the position
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #24
Rookie

A quarter of the way through the season, and my guys are 4-0! We take our undefeated streak back to our home turf to take on Vince Young and the Titans!

On our opening possession, we drive successfully down and are able to grab the lead early with a 33yd FG by rookie K Alexis Serna. Our defense played extremely well the first half, and pretty much the whole game, leading the Titans to multiple 3 and outs. The returning Todd Heap catches a 2 yard strike in the middle of the end zone and we extend our lead to 10. No scoring for most of the 2nd quarter, until the Titans finally are able to have some success passing the ball and finish with a 32yd FG from John Hall. Haltime Score 10-3. 2nd half we go, and the Titans aren't giving up without a fight. Vince Young hits Moffitt for a 2 yard strike on 3rd and goal, and we're all tied up ladies and gentlemen! But it would prove not for very long, as we drive down with authority until having to attempt a 46yd FG which Serna drills with ease. My defense plays an outstanding 4th quarter and doesn't let the Titans score at all, and with about 2 minutes left, Serna hits his 3rd FG of the day from 41 yards out and thats all she wrote!

Player of the Game: Ray Lewis 8tck 4 for loss 1 sack 1 pass defl.

Other stats: Troy Smith 18/31 179yds 1td, 6rush 74yds
Darren McFadden 11rush 28yds 2rec 18yds
Willis McGahee 12rush 15yds 3rec 15yds
DeSean Jackson 7rec 83yds
Todd Heap 1rec 2yds 1td
Terrell Suggs 7tck 3for loss 1 sack
Jarrett Johnson 4tck 2 for loss 1 sack
Dwan Edwards 5tck 4for loss 1sack 1FF

Defensive stats: 139 pass yds allowed 1td 0int
10rush yds allowed, 0.4 ypc allowed
1FF
4sacks

Offensive Line: 3 sacks given (Odgen 2 Grubbs 1)

Special Teams: 3/4 FG
4 punts 32.5 avg

Notes: That's two games in a row our defense has really bailed out our offense. We didn't make any mistakes on O, but they still weren't very efficient at all. The combo of the Mc's have racked up 66yds on 40 carries the past 2 weeks combined. Deffinetly something our team will address in next weeks gameplans. DT Kelly Gregg was inactive for this game, due to his very low health status at below 50%. I placed him on the trade block because of this after the game, and hopefully will get an offer before the trade deadline. Dre Moore started in his spot, and Dwan Edwards started at LE. Also, Todd Heap left the game in the 2nd with a hamstring injury. Found out he's out 5-8 weeks, so I placed him on the TB and accepted an offer from Denver claiming their 2009 3rd and 2010 7th picks. This was his 4th time getting injured this season, and I really saw this as a recurring thing. Troy Smith had another very solid game when given the ball, and with no turnovers for the 3rd straight game, he's really turning into a reliable QB for me. Bart Scott and Prescott Burgess (OLB) both left the game with injuries. Burgess looks like he'll be good to go, but Scott's playing status is in jeopardy. Derrick Mason missed this game with a dislocated finger, and is questionable for next weeks game. Rookie DeSean Jackson played very well in his stead, being Smith's top target this game with 7 catches. During the week, had a gamechanger where a player conducted a team meeting and the response was extremely positive, boosting my teams approval ratings. All in all, we are 5-0 and on top of our division, and once our offense plays more efficiently along with our extremely tough defense, we'll be even harder to stop!

Final Score: Baltimore 16 - Tennessee 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »