Home

Ravens Dynasty

This is a discussion on Ravens Dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ravens Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph10
The reason Williams and Landry have not negotiated is cause they are restricted free agents after the season. You could end up getting a first round pick from them.
I was not aware, thanks for the heads up

FYI to everyone following my dynasty: I played the Miami game, and I even have a game highlight! (although its with my crappy phone camera) Will put them up as soon as possible.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #34
Rookie

Week 7 and we continue our road trip as we travel to Miami to take on the Dolphins and rookie QB out of Louisville....Brian Brohm!

Dolphins start out with the ball, and they move it fairly successfully down the field...until Nnamdi Asomghua jars the ball loose from Ronnie Brown, and rookie Craig Steltz, who I converted to my nickel corner recently, picks it up and takes it to the house! 56yds! More of the same for the Dolphins next drive, as Ed Reed picks off the rookie Brohm deep down the field. We convert that turnover into a scoring drive, with Troy Smith finishing it off with a 5yd TD draw. Nothing for the rest of the 1st quarter, and the Dolphins kicker Jason Elam nails a 48yd FG to start the 2nd. The next drive, Smith hits rookie DeSean Jackson in the middle of the field, and he breaks 3 tackles and out runs 2 more defenders for a 74yd TD! I have a video of this, but it wont upload for some reason :/ sorry about that. 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and this time it's Mason who gets the recieving TD. Halftime Score 28-3. Tony Sparano decides Brohm isn't performing well enough to keep playing, and subs in another rookie: Andre Woodson, a late round product out of Kentucky. In the 2nd half, my running backs really got going. McFadden and McGahee both had 70+ rushing yards this game, and McFadden gets a score from 5 yards out in the 3rd. Andre Woodson isn't doing much better than Brohm did in the 1st half, and isn't able to lead them on any scoring drives except for a FG attempt which Elam misses. Serna closes out the game with 2 4th quarter FGs and it's game over!

Player of the Game: Ray Lewis 9tck 2 for loss 1 sack 1FF 1FR (AFC Defensive Player of the Week)

Other stats: Troy Smith 10/16 199yds 2td 0int, 9rush 41yds 1td
Willis McGahee 15rush 73yds, 2rec 25yds
Darren McFadden 16rush 74yds 1td
Derrick Mason 4rec 54yds 1td
DeSean Jackson 1rec 74yds 1td
Terrell Suggs 7tck 3 for loss 1 sack 1FF
Nnamdi Asomugha 7tck 1FF
Ed Reed 4tck 1int 1pass def

Defensive stats: 199 pass yds allowed 0td 1int
36 rush yds allowed, 2 FF 2 FR, 2.0ypc allowed
2 sacks

Offensive line: no sacks allowed!

Special teams: 2/3 FG
2 punts 28.0 avg

Notes: Very good all around game for my guys. Troy Smith still putting up solid numbers, even with only 16 pass attempts. Our running back duo had a great game, racking up 147 rush yards on 31 carries (4.7avg) and a McFadden TD. Defense also had another very very good game, coming up with 3 turnover and not letting them score any TDs. Not much to report in this game besides the fact it was a blowout. My backup C and starting long snapper Mike Flynn bruised his ribs and will be out the next 2 weeks. And thats pretty much it. Had a highlight of DeSean Jacksons beastly TD catch and run but my ****ty phone wont let me put it on YouTube. My team seems like its getting better and better each week and we are still undefeated (:

Final Score: Baltimore 41 - Miami 3
Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Good dynasty. Keep it up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #36
Rookie

On to Week 8 of the 2008 NFL season and we bring the Raiders into our house! The Raiders are winless and we are undefeated, this should be easy! Right?

Game starts out with a Serna FG from 40yds out. Andrew Walter of the Raiders for some reason has great success passing the ball and he nails Harry Douglas for a 6yd TD to take the lead. 7-3 at the end of the first, and we take the lead in the 2nd with a TD pass from Troy Smith to DeSean Jackson. Sea-bass and Serna exchange FGs, and the halftime score is 13-10 Ravens on top. Serna nails a 53 yarder to open the 2nd half, and we extend our lead even further after a 2 yard rushing TD by Troy Smith. On to the 4th, and McGahee pounds it in from 19yds out around the right tackle. He showed a niiiice stiff arm to free himself and was really impressive this game. Walter has some success passing the ball and hits TE Zach Miller for a 18yd catch in the endzone. Serna closes the game with a 26yd FG and the Ravens are still undefeated!!

Player of the Game: Dawan Landry 7tck 1 for loss 1int 1FR

Other stats: Troy Smith 14/24 208yds 1td 0int; 8rush 26yds 1td 1 fumble
Willis McGahee 19rush 85yds 1td 1 fumble
Darren McFadden 8rush 12yds, 2rec 28yds
Demetrius Williams 3rec 47yds
DeSean Jackson 3rec 42yds 1td
Mark Clayton 2rec 45yds
Chris McAlister 9tck 1 pass def. 1FF
Terrell Suggs 5tck 3 for loss 2 sacks 1FF
Antawn Barnes 4tck 3 for loss 2 sacks
Haloti Ngata 4tck 1 sack
Dwan Edwards 1 sack

Defensive stats: 293 pass yds allowed, 2td 2int
-1 rush yards allowed, 0.0ypc allowed
3FF, 2FR
6 sacks

Offensive line: 0 sacks given
Special teams: 4/4 FG
2 punts 35.5 avg

Notes: Started out kind of slow this game (against the leagues worst team nonetheless) but really got it going, scoring 10 points in the last 3 quarters of the game and only allowing 7 points in the 2nd half. Everything was pretty solid this game. The only things i would nitpick at would be our pass coverage (too many yards) and our fumbles (2 lost, McGahee and Smith). But other than that, we were fairly consistent the entire game and Serna finally had a game where he didnt miss a FG. To be fair, I attempt like 3 or 4 FG a game at least and he's taken at least ten 50+ yard FGs already this season. McFadden could never get it going this game, as he kept trying to jump to the outside when he had lanes inbetween the tackles. McGahee, on the other hand, was doing a great job of running downhill and through the holes the line opened for him. We also put great pressure on Walter, causing him to throw 2 picks and sacking him 6 times! Some notable injures: Backup center and rookie Cris Haynes tore his triceps and was lost for the year. I recently re-signed him to be my backup center for next year since I won't be re-signing Matt Flynn; Demetrius Williams left the game in the 3rd with an arm injury and did not return, but he should be fine for next game (replaced by Mark Clayton); Bart Scott healed up from his wrist nicely but was injured during the week and missed the game with a strained shoulder (replaced by Jarret Johnson). As long as he doesn't get re-injured, he should be good for next weeks game. Now looking forward to the Browns game next week and hopefully we'll be able to slow down their offense a little better this time around!

Final Score: Baltimore 33 - Oakland 17

Last edited by AndyKisBoss; 12-03-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #37
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: Ravens Dynasty

NOW THIS IS A DYNASTY TO FOLLOW.

If you are able to load the game onto this forum (Miami game you mentioned earlier), that would be great. Question and I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not (so excuse my ignorance) but are you playing the entire game (coaching on sideline) or simming parts of it? Are you calling all the plays or delegating them? And what are the challenges you are dealing with as you play through this season?

Keep it up, I am really enjoying this.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #38
Rookie

Stats halfway through the season!

Offensive
Troy Smith: 89.2 passer rating, 1440 pass yards 10 td 4int, 57% completeion 7.3YPA; 59rush 384yds 6td 6.5ypc 3 fumbles

Willis McGahee: 128 rush 526yds 2td 4.1ypc 5 fumbles; 20rec 121yds 1td 6.0ypc

Darren McFadden: 82rush 305yds 3td 3.7ypc 2 fumbles; 15rec 124yds 8.2ypc

Derrick Mason: 25rec 427yds 4td 17.0ypc 6 drops

Demetrius Williams: 17rec 246yds 14.4ypc 2 drops

DeSean Jackson: 16rec 279yds 4td 17.4ypc 3 drops; 26.4avg (kick return), 9.5avg (punt return)

Defensive
Ray Lewis: 54tck 19 for loss 5 sacks, 3int 8pass def. 1FF 1FR

Terrell Suggs: 51tck 21 for loss 8 sacks, 1int 7pass def. 2FF 1FR

Ed Reed: 43tck 4 for loss, 3int 2 pass def. 1FF

Nnamdi Asomugha: 43tck 1 for loss, 1int 5pass def. 1FF 1FR, 53% pass allowed 0td

Chris McAlister: 38tck 2 for loss, 1int 5pass def. 1FF, 64% pass allowed 2td

Dawan Landry: 42tck 7 for loss, 1int 6 pass def. 1FF 1FR

Jarret Johnson: 36tck 12 for loss 2 sacks, 1 pass def. 1FF

Antawn Barnes: 18tck 4 for loss 2 sacks, 1FF

Dwan Edwards: 18tck 11 for loss 4 sacks, 2FF

Dre Moore: 15tck 3 for loss 2 sacks, 1FF

Haloti Ngata: 12tck 5 for loss 2 sacks

Craig Steltz: 13tck 4 for loss 1 sack, 2FF 1TD

Chirs Harrington: 2 sacks

Kelly Gregg: 4 sacks

Special teams
Alexis Serna: 20/27 FG (74%) 4/10 from 50+, 12/13 anywhere else, 24/24 XP

Sam Koch: 23 punts 34avg 31.9 net, 5 in the 20, no TB

Yamon Figurs: 36.6avg (kick return) 2td
Old 12-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #39
Rookie

MVP Watch

1. Eli Manning NYG
2. Tom Brady NE
3. Troy Smith BAL
4. Tony Romo DAL
5. Peyton Manning IND

OPOY

1. Antonio Gates SD
2. Eli Manning NYG
3. Michael Turner NO
4. Troy Smith BAL
5. Plaxico Burress NYG

DPOY

1. Ray Lewis BAL
2. Terrell Suggs BAL
3. Lance Briggs CHI
4. Jon Beason CAR
5. Demeco Ryans HOU

OROY

1. Rashard Mendenhall DAL
2. Donnie Avery STL
3. John Carlson TEN
4. Devin Thomas NO
5. Harry Douglas OAK

DPOY

1. Leodis McKelvin NO
2. Philip Wheeler SF
3. Jordan Dizon OAK
4. Dan Connor KC
5. Jack Ikegwuonu
Old 12-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchiKai2
NOW THIS IS A DYNASTY TO FOLLOW.

If you are able to load the game onto this forum (Miami game you mentioned earlier), that would be great. Question and I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not (so excuse my ignorance) but are you playing the entire game (coaching on sideline) or simming parts of it? Are you calling all the plays or delegating them? And what are the challenges you are dealing with as you play through this season?

Keep it up, I am really enjoying this.
Thanks! and I'm simming pretty much nothing, I do everything during the week whether it be college scouting or gameplanning or re-signing players. i play thru every game, the whole game and call pretty much every play (sometimes just let the CP choose the kickoff or punt play). Some challenges would probably be my older players (Ray Lewis, Kelly Gregg, Marcus Pollard) always have very low Health %s so I need to hold them out of practice a lot of the time so they'll be able to play come gameday. Really hoping the bye week comes faster! And by playoff time, I'm hoping to have a better phone so I can record highlights and post them! Thanks much!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »