Home

Player Doesn't Return to Negotiations

This is a discussion on Player Doesn't Return to Negotiations within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Player Doesn't Return to Negotiations

Most of my players reach over 90 at every position(within half a year of development, maybe a year), so I dont know how you didnt get anyone else at olb(a blitzing position) over 83.

You said 10 years, so my only questions would be, when did you get motivator? Did you never get it at all? How are you choosing who you draft? Whats your olb philosophy set at? Do you have a gm that's built up or did you not know how to get him more points and he sucked your whole career?

If so, you can make a lot of skill points trading down OVER AND OVER AGAIN for 3 picks at a time, in the current or next draft, preferably current though. And you then only pick people with potentials over 85, really over 90 is better.

Within 3 years or so, your gm should be able to know the potential of a player if he goes to their school's scouting day(its a special skill, only focus on those with your gm until he has that). Once you know that drafting the next set of great players at any position becomes easy....
Old 11-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

Also. your backups shouldnt be picked in the first 2 rounds. You should be building depth on your team with rounds 3-6 to take FULL ADVANTAGE of the rfa system in this game. You can draft someone in the 6th round(several actually) and flip him into a 1 and a 3 or a 1st, or a 2nd. If not those(because he hasnt developed in your system by then), you just get that 6th round pick back and try again!

Tender on the lower side of what you'd want for him unless he's a star(90) or super star(over 95) by that time. So a guys 85, you think you could get a first, but you prolly should just take the 2nd, and let someone else pay him. If no one else wants him, you also save money on his contract that year.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

Does he produce for you in your system? If he does, re-sign him in FA. I've got David Vobora 69/83 starting at ROLB, and he's producing for me. 34 tackles, 8 TFL, and 3 sacks through the first 5 games. If he keeps it up, no need to do anything else at ROLB. I'll let anyone start if they produce on the field. I see no reason to be pressured by my GM to sign 85 overall players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by algoody421
Most of my players reach over 90 at every position(within half a year of development, maybe a year), so I dont know how you didnt get anyone else at olb(a blitzing position) over 83.

You said 10 years, so my only questions would be, when did you get motivator? Did you never get it at all? How are you choosing who you draft? Whats your olb philosophy set at? Do you have a gm that's built up or did you not know how to get him more points and he sucked your whole career?

If so, you can make a lot of skill points trading down OVER AND OVER AGAIN for 3 picks at a time, in the current or next draft, preferably current though. And you then only pick people with potentials over 85, really over 90 is better.

Within 3 years or so, your gm should be able to know the potential of a player if he goes to their school's scouting day(its a special skill, only focus on those with your gm until he has that). Once you know that drafting the next set of great players at any position becomes easy....
I hardly know where to start.

I'm not sure we can help each other because I don't think we are playing the same game. To quote Ebongreen, "I'm not the game police."

I think each person should take the short cuts that make the game the most fun for them.

For me, I want a realistic NFL simulation, but not so realistic that I never win. I avoid "save and reload" to gain advantages as well as other tactics allowed by the game that don't make sense to me as part of an NFL simulation. For example, I trade down when I want more grab bag picks, not to practice my GM trading skills.

-------------------------

My latest OLB to develop slowly is Shelton Pompey, LOLB. He was my second round pick in the 2018 draft and at the beginning of the season he was an 80/91. After playing almost every down of the 2018 season he had 44 tackles, 5 sacks and 2 interceptions and he was up to 83/91. He accumulated 16 production for that effort.

BTW, this was my first year with this team and we over achieved at 13-3 (I would have been happy with 9-7 after I got a good look at the team!) so this wasn't the result of bumbling through with a crappy team. It turns out that the DC and LBC were two of the four staff positions I retained so the coaching for the LBs wasn't terrible. It will be better when I enhance their player development skills some more.

--------------------------------

Quoting from one of your other posts, "Im not a big fan of cheating myself, so I dont change players positions to resign them cheaper or what not. However I have changed many players positions to get the most out of them, always looking for the best potential. I just have found my own ways to make the game "play better".

For those having trouble installing new systems... Play EACH preseason game until you can steal plays and then quit them(unless you're winning by 21 points or more, making around 2500 points a game for the hc). If you are not winning by then, its ACTUALLY good to quit and restart. When you restart the game, any play you picked in the previous attempt will KEEP THE PLAY KNOWLEDGE previously earned. EVEN THOUGH THAT GAME DOESNT EXIST ANYMORE, you quit it..."

That may account for why your players develop unnaturally fast. If I took that approach MOTIVATOR would be my coach's most valuable skill. Since I don't play that way, skills to help my players reach their potential are more useful to me.

IME, the only players that develop over the span of a few games are OL. The really slow development positions for me are TE, CB, K and P. QB and FB are pretty fast. HB is steady and WR not quite as fast. Defensive positions are pretty slow in general, but then we try to keep them off the field, don't we!

I don't know how you can draft only players with known potential unless it's another save and reload drill.

In my 2019 draft I picked 12 players. Seven had known potential and the other 5 were "similar to", late round, grab bag, long shots.

My GM has all the special skills so I know the potential of anyone he thinks will go in the first round, anyone scouted at a Pro Day, an assortment of random prospects and the 10 or so individual workouts. This is my third team in this career. The two previous GMs had all special skills other than the last one, First Round Potential.

----------------

You've been challenging players here to try your MOTIVATOR based strategy, I assume to get them to admit you are right. I'll give you a challenge. Try playing without any "save and reload" to get extra information or extra experience. I'll assume from your posts you are already avoiding all of the other egregious exploits.

I think you'll find it to be a more interesting game.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Dealer
The player in question has the following personality:

Super Star:
Driven
Calculating *
Competitive *
Dramatic *
Perfectionist
Self Focused **
Materialistic **
Expressive
Impulsive *
Problem Solver

I can see how these (**) might cause a negotiation deadlock IRL, and how these (*) might contribute to the player boycotting negotiations if offended. It hasn't happened often enough to cause me to take the time to try to analyze personalities before negotiating!
OK, it happened twice more. Both of these players shared Dramatic, Impulsive and Expressive personality traits with the first player to drop out of negotiations. One had an identical set of personality traits (do all Super Stars have the same ten traits?). The other was a Virtuoso and shared only the three traits.

I'm going to start watching for players who are "out of here" or give me ultimatums and have Dramatic and Impulsive traits.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Dealer
OK, it happened twice more. Both of these players shared Dramatic, Impulsive and Expressive personality traits with the first player to drop out of negotiations. One had an identical set of personality traits (do all Super Stars have the same ten traits?). The other was a Virtuoso and shared only the three traits.

I'm going to start watching for players who are "out of here" or give me ultimatums and have Dramatic and Impulsive traits.
Yes, all personalities share the same traits. The tricky thing is the personality traits are different in the game than they are in the strategy guide, so be aware of it. Ebongreen did a pretty good breakdown of personalities in his thread a short time ago-the one I found most useful was the personality sheet that could identify personality if you could unlock 2 personality traits. FYI, you can only unlock personality traits at the Combine and Individual Workouts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »